Air head with electronic .. Need advice

BazanRj

Been trying to improve my online gaming.... Like many I have lag issues especially when I join a party with a wired connection. Ok back to the router lol before I purchase ..with the bosses (wife) approval I need to know what do I need . Right now I have time Warner cable with a 2 in 1 router modem combo. What do I do with that if I get this router do I need to purchase a modem or do I call my cable company to send me a modem device only and connect the netduma to it ? Tks for your time!

• Netduma Staff

No, you don't need to buy anything else! Its not difficult to set up :) The router comes (or used to come) with a small ethernet cable. You just plug one end of it into the first port of the Netduma and the other end into to a port on the time warner modem. There is a quick start guide that comes in the box and explains more in depth about turning off the modem before hand etc so I suggest you read that but it easy to set up (for most people) :)

Next you would need to out the Netduma in the time warners DMZ. Instructions on that are here. Depending on how fast your internet is, you may need to change some settings on the Netduma to get the speeds you pay for - or close to them.

There is lots of information on the Wiki. Hopefully this has answered your question! It is a great device and I personally would recommend it to any gamer but I think its worth reading the buyers guide so you know exactly what you are buying and what the purpose of the router is :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Bazan,

Thanks for considering the purchase and let the boss know that the congestion control means both of you can use the connection without impacting each other :)

I don't know the specfics of time warner cable but I'm 99% sure you just keep the modem and plug port 1 of the duma into the modem then connect everything else to the netduma.

Hope that helps 

Awesome guys thanks for the quick response, the more I see videos and read all the comments the more excited I get lol ..like a child in a candy store . This is going to be my next toy ...

It's my opinion Bazan, but you should try and see if you can dump that 2 in 1 combo for an Arris modem. I had the ubee 2 in 1 when I upgraded to twc extreme and had nothing but trouble with it. I actually went back to a Motorola surfboard modem and downgraded to turbo.

As soon as I got the ubee my nat troubles were insane. Switched back and it was fine. I now have an Arris (my other one finally died) along with a nighthawk and this amazing Netduma router. Love it. Just some stuff to look into for you. Good luck.

It's my opinion Bazan, but you should try and see if you can dump that 2 in 1 combo for an Arris modem. I had the ubee 2 in 1 when I upgraded to twc extreme and had nothing but trouble with it. I actually went back to a Motorola surfboard modem and downgraded to turbo.

As soon as I got the ubee my nat troubles were insane. Switched back and it was fine. I now have an Arris (my other one finally died) along with a nighthawk and this amazing Netduma router. Love it. Just some stuff to look into for you. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. To think of it ever since I upgraded to the tw 30 , they gave me that two in one. That's when AW came out maybe it's because of that ... Thanks again and lain I got the approval from the boss I'll be getting the router soon .

Archived