Some questions before I buy

What is the maximum supported bandwidth? I have 200mbps download and 20mbps upload. Does it support that?
Will it work with my Arris 1672G cable modem / router combo?
Will it affect my NAT type? Because it is always moderate no matter what, even with DMZ and port forwarding and port triggering. Will it give me OPEN?
Are there any downsides to having the R1 router?
Will it improve ping to ANY server on ANY game? That doesn't just mean connecting to CoD hosts.
Any tips for if I do decide to get it?
Will it work with just a Cable modem and no router?
Can I plug my PC and Xbox 360 into it with ethernet?
Is it worth it?
Will this REPLACE my router? (or effect my Cable modem router combo in any way?)
(Stupid question) Will it increase my packet loss, ping, jitter, or do anything to negativity impact connection?

Screenshots:

https://gyazo.com/40e7769d7213b60d266757956b70df96

What is the maximum supported bandwidth? I have 200mbps download and 20mbps upload. Does it support that?

Will it affect my NAT type? Because it is always moderate no matter what, even with DMZ and port forwarding and port triggering. Will it give me OPEN?

Will it improve ping to ANY server on ANY game? That doesn't just mean connecting to CoD hosts.

Is it worth it?

Will this REPLACE my router? (or effect my Cable modem router combo in any way?)

(Stupid question) Will it increase my packet loss, ping, jitter, or do anything to negativity impact connection?

Screenshots:

Yes

Yes

If you set it up right, yes.

No AC wireless, so wireless speeds are sub-par in todays world, but you shouldn't be gaming wireless anyway.

Depends what you mean here... It can't make your ping any better than is physically possible. What it allows you to do is connect to local hosts which in theory should be lower ping than say a host in another country.

Don't try it for 5 minutes, give up and come here complaining about a refund lol. Everyone's setup is different and it takes some tweaking to make it work perfect for you. Also don't expect it to make you a COD god and have every bullet count. COD is broken, no router can fix that.

Yes and yes

Is it worth it?

If you have lots of congestion on your network, such as people using up your bandwidth (with 200/20 you shouldn't) then absolutely because it will stop other people from causing you to lag. If you are looking for a router to make you magically better at call of duty then no.

Ideally you want to put your ISP's combo modem/router into bridge mode so it disables the internal router and you use the Netduma as your primary router. Sometimes this isn't possible, but you can still disable some settings to help with it as well as put the Netduma in the DMZ of the ISP modem/router.

• Administrators

Is it worth it?

Screenshots:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You got great advice above but I'll answer as well:

• Yes
  • Yes
  • DMZ the router, let UPnP open ports automatically or port forward you'll be able to get an open NAT
  • Only thing is wireless as said above, some people use an AP router behind it for wifi
  • As said above & depends on if the game is supported. We're testing more games currently
  • Go through all the tutorials available on the router and use the profiles to set up quickly
  • Yes
  • Yes
  • We think so, the "QoS" is unbelievably powerful. You could torrent & play a game with no lag at all. Pretty impressive, of course there is the Geo-filter as well to get you those close hosts. Check out YouTube, plenty of independent reviews.
  • You'd plug into the back of your existing ISP hub and put it in modem mode ideally.
  • No it's impossible to negatively impact your connection

Archived