Host Filtering by IP address instead of device name

Hi guys.

Is it possible to set Host Filtering by IP address of the device instead of its name ?

I'll explain as good as I can why I need this:

I've new home network setup with TPLink TL-ER5120 Dual WAN Router and two internet connections (cable modem and DSL).

Connection: transparent Cable Modem (10 external IP's available) -> Netduma R1 (which has external IP) -> WAN1 of TPLink -> whole network and few gaming consoles.

WAN 2 (DSL broadband) is not important here because all consoles are using WAN 1 only (Policy Routing)

Now:

Netduma LAN IP 192.168.2.1

TPLink - WAN 1 static IP 192.168.2.2 - LAN static IP 192.168.1.1

Playstation 4 in the office - 192.168.1.130

Xbox One in the office - 192.168.1.131

Playstation 4 in the living room - 192.168.1.132

Xbox One in the living room - 192.168.1.133

PS4 in the office is set to 192.168.2.22 - by One To One NAT with DMZ

Xbox One in the office is set to 192.168.2.33 - by One To One NAT with DMZ

other consoles are not set yet so skip them for now

The problem is that Netduma shows one device in device manager (TPLink) with 3 IP address, 192.168.2.2 192.168.2.22 192.168.2.33 so I can pick only one gaming system in Host Filtering, TPLink Playstation Network for example.

I need to set 

192.168.2.22 to Playstation Network

192.168.2.33 to Xbox Live

Other consoles later on.

I cannot connect all consoles directly to Netduma.

Any solution ?

post-632-0-14220400-1463884217_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-82834100-1463884218_thumb.jpg

post-632-0-67622600-1463884219_thumb.jpg

Run the tp-link as an access point, it will let the netduma assign multiple ips to multiple consoles since it will be the DHCP server not the TP-link

LyyEfKW.png

I run Netduma to a TP-Link Archer C7 as an access point. All my devices show up on the netduma.

How to:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/15753-top-wifi-speed-capability-on-this-router/?view=findpost&p=105569

My TP Link router is different than your, its a advance multi WAN Load Balancing/Fail Over router.

I cannot set it as access point (when it act as a simple network switch).

Problem is that Netduma's Host Filtering GUI is made to be simple to use which in my case is a bad thing, it allows you to pick device name (but not its IP address) and set gaming service for it.

My TP Link router is different than your, its a advance multi WAN Load Balancing/Fail Over router.

I cannot set it as access point (when it act as a simple network switch).

Problem is that Netduma's Host Filtering GUI is made to be simple to use which in my case is a bad thing, it allows you to pick device name (but not its IP address) and set gaming service for it.

I'm not sure why anyone would need this... But anyways, switch the order of the duma and the tp-link then.

I'm not sure why anyone would need this... But anyways, switch the order of the duma and the tp-link then.

I just explained why I need this.

On most routers you operate on IP address and IP routes but Netduma gives you possibility to operate on the names only (via simple GUI).

I cannot switch Netduma with TP Link simple because TPLink manage my whole network (over 50 devices at the moment) and two broadband connections.

Single CAT6 cable is going down from the office to my "server room", in the office I've 4 computers, 2 LAN laser printers and 2 gaming consoles all connected to one network switch.

Same in the living room, TV, Dreambox, home cinema, Apple TV, Roku 3, 3 gaming consoles, are all connected to one network switch and then single CAT6 cable is going down do the "server room".

Maybe someone from Netduma team can help me out with this, maybe there is some walk-around, maybe via Telnet?

Is there any way to assign IP address to specific gaming network?

• Administrators

At the moment there is not the option to do this and we wouldn't allow you to access telnet either. 

We will try to implement this for the next upgrade as a few people have requested it. 

At the moment there is not the option to do this and we wouldn't allow you to access telnet either. 

We will try to implement this for the next upgrade as a few people have requested it. 

That's great news. Thank You !

Archived