Told by ISP to contact Netduma to figure out issue

This morning the Internet no longer worked. The Netduma is broadcasting the wifi and all my devices can connect to the network with full bars. But when I try to browse or do anything that requires the Internet, I get "there is no internet connection, your computer is offline".

The Ethernet connection I have to my PS4 also does not work. My ISP is Comcast and I spent a long while on the phone trying to figure it out.

The tech guy had me unplug the Netduma from the Comcast Gateway and said that he turned Bridge mode off and tried to enable the wifi again.

It didn't work. I also power cycled both router and modem a few times both while on the phone and off.

We will be having a service appointment (tech guy come out) tomorrow to look at our physical connection and also to replace the Gateway and look at all that.

But the tech guy on the phone was unable to get wifi working again for now. His eventual conclusion was that there was something messing up between the modem and router.

He was able to remotely command the Gateway just fine, so said that the connection between their servers and our modem was good. But our router must be having some kind of issue. So I should contact you guys to see if there was something I could do.

I am also able to connect to the Internet just fine when I plug my console directly to the Gateway.

So is there anything I can do right now? Any info you would still need to suggest me a solution?

Well from experience I would take everything phone support or a level 1 tech that comes to your house with a grain of salt. They usually don't know what they're doing and odds are the guy coming to the house will just check the signal and swap the modem. As long as the modem is online they don't care....

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the netduma?

Check the connection direct from your ISP modem/router.

Edit: I see you have tried this, make sure the Ethernet cable is clicked in at both end correctly and reboot the duma from misc settings reboot.

• 2 weeks later...

A little bit after I posted this I was able to determine that the ethernet port that had been working fine for months and months had suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason.

When I plugged the Netduma into a different ethernet port on the Comcast modem everything returned to how it had been prior to this issue. The guy who came out the next day brought a brand new Comcast gateway which should hopefully be a bit less bleh. So hopefully everything is fine now. 

We had actually asked for a new Gateway a while back and they shipped us one that was 4 years older than the one we had. So hopefully this brand new one from this year should work a bit better and not be so broken. (but it's Comcast, so who knows) 

Archived