Primary router

Does anyone else have a problem using the netduma as their primary router? I have verizon fios and live in NJ on the east coast of the USA. My internet speeds are 75 over 75 and never have had an issue. When using the netduma as a secondary router i connect to the net easily but when trying to have the R1 as the primary i get no internet connection. Also in order for me to connect to party chats i gotta disable the geo filter. Any help would be appreciated

• Netduma Staff

I think for Verizon Fios you need to enable PPoE to connect to the internet. You can do this by going to settings >> WAN and enabling PPoE. Then enter your online username and password and click connect at the bottom of the page. This is the username and password you enter into the PPoE settings on their router as well. More information here.

To answer your second question, when joining a party, make sure they everyone in it is on your allowed list and also make sure that when joining the party you look for any triangle on the GeoFilter. If there are any then click on them and also add them to your allowed list. This should mean that you don't need to disable the GeoFilter when joining parties :)

Hold up you can use the R1 as the primary on the a verizon fios combo? Because I would rather do this if possible. But will my TV guild work having the fios as 2nd? Has anyone done this? 

• Netduma Staff

Hold up you can use the R1 as the primary on the a verizon fios combo? Because I would rather do this if possible. But will my TV guild work having the fios as 2nd? Has anyone done this? 

I think so. As long as you still have a modem it would be fine and you know the PPoE password :)

• Netduma Staff

The verizon page you have linked above mention High Speed DSL. I don't have DSL does it still matter?

Do you have a modem connected before your router that the Duma is connected to?

Archived