mid game kicking

lthoma89

• Netduma Staff

Anyone getting kicked mid to late game and being sent back to the lobby screen? Pretty annoying going 30-3 8 caps 9 defends and being kicked....

I posted an answer to this here which should work for you: :)

Try disabling your GeoFilter once you are in game. It can be caused by a host migration during the game where the host is outside of your GeoFilter and therefore you get booted from the game  :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

K thanks. Should i do this for every game?

If you don't want to get booted then yes, it shouldnt always be necessary as not all games go through host migration. You could disable the filter if you're fast when host migration occurs. Just bear in mind that the host may change to one that is outside your filter and not very good. Once you've finished the game make sure you exit to the lobby, wait for everything to clear on the Geo-filter and reenable it so you can restrict your hosts again :)

Also i thought i was on connecting to host inside my geo filter. I was on a dedicated server at the time so its confusing me lol

Yeah you would have done, I've no idea why you'd experience host migration on a dedicated server, perhaps they switched everyone to another dedicated server but this is the way to fix that.

• Netduma Staff

If you don't want to get booted then yes, it shouldnt always be necessary as not all games go through host migration. You could disable the filter if you're fast when host migration occurs. Just bear in mind that the host may change to one that is outside your filter and not very good. Once you've finished the game make sure you exit to the lobby, wait for everything to clear on the Geo-filter and reenable it so you can restrict your hosts again :)

Just to add to the last bit from what Fraser said, you very rarely even see the host migration screen in my experience. I think they try to do it seamlessly so you get booted without warning. My advice would be to disable it just once you got into a game :)

Idk what it is but still getting kicked from lobbies without warning. 2 games in a row now. Doesnt show the host migration screen either. All the times im gett booted its on a dedicated server. Hard to believe i need to disable geo filter every game to keep this from happening.

• Netduma Staff

Idk what it is but still getting kicked from lobbies without warning. 2 games in a row now. Doesnt show the host migration screen either. All the times im gett booted its on a dedicated server. Hard to believe i need to disable geo filter every game to keep this from happening.

I think you will need to disable the GeoFilter. You can easily find out - disable it and see if it happens :/

This problem has been getting worse in the states as well, noticed a massive amount of dropped games in the last 3-4 days. I've been bumped from more lobbies in the last few days then the past few months, I think it has something to do with the last patch.

Some games i do. But then i have to wait 2 mins because it will connect me with ppl outside of filter. This is with strict mode off. I literally played one game on a dedicated server fine, the next i got booted halfway.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Its a good idea to wait 2 minutes between games anyway as otherwise theres a higher chance of connecting to the same host you were just in. If this is happening when the Geo-filter is off then its not on our end as it just behaves as a normal router would. People have been encountering problems the last few days with the dedis. 

Archived