Turbo mode and other settings

Hello,

To start, my expected download speed is 115 mbps and my expected upload speed is 12. When I enter these speeds into the congestion control tab and allow the NetDuma to auto-configure, I notice that it checks off the "turbo mode" option under miscellaneous settings. According to the NetDuma Wiki on optimal configuration, it only says to use turbo mode if your download speed is greater than 120 mbps, and I was wondering if I should or should not use it. Additionally, when I run a speed test on my computer, my download speed is around my expected of 115, however, when I run it on my xbox, it is only around 50 mbps. What am I doing wrong? Are there other settings that I should or shouldn't use? Please help! 

To clarify, I have already disabled the "enable deep packet processing" and IPV6 settings under both LAN and WAN. Is there anything else I should enable or disable other than what was automatically configured when I entered my download and upload speeds?

Hello,

To start, my expected download speed is 115 mbps and my expected upload speed is 12. When I enter these speeds into the congestion control tab and allow the NetDuma to auto-configure, I notice that it checks off the "turbo mode" option under miscellaneous settings. According to the NetDuma Wiki on optimal configuration, it only says to use turbo mode if your download speed is greater than 120 mbps, and I was wondering if I should or should not use it. Additionally, when I run a speed test on my computer, my download speed is around my expected of 115, however, when I run it on my xbox, it is only around 50 mbps. What am I doing wrong? Are there other settings that I should or shouldn't use? Please help! 

How are you testing on the xbox? Those speed tests are usually wrong...

Before the turbo mode update I would get 120 Mbps so you should be able to get it by switching the algorithm to reactive, and leaving the rest of the settings alone besides turning off turbo mode.

To test my speeds on the Xbox I do so through the detailed network statistics option under network settings. In the past I have gotten results on this speed test well over 100 Mbps, but ever since I got the netduma, it never goes past 65ish. My current settings are the ones that were automatically updated when I entered my down and up speeds of 115 and 12. Whether I use turbo mode or not, my speeds on my Xbox are still slow. I can't figure out what's going wrong. You think that I shouldn't use turbo?

How are you testing on the xbox? Those speed tests are usually wrong...

Before the turbo mode update I would get 120 Mbps so you should be able to get it by switching the algorithm to reactive, and leaving the rest of the settings alone besides turning off turbo mode.

To test my speeds on the Xbox I do so through the detailed network statistics option under network settings. In the past I have gotten results on this speed test well over 100 Mbps, but ever since I got the netduma, it never goes past 65ish. My current settings are the ones that were automatically updated when I entered my down and up speeds of 115 and 12. Whether I use turbo mode or not, my speeds on my Xbox are still slow. I can't figure out what's going wrong. You think that I shouldn't use turbo?

There's no need to use it since your speeds are under the limits for it.. However the xbox network settings speed test it terribly inaccurate... If you want to do a somewhat more reliable test open up internet explorer on the xbox and go to testmy.net and click download test. Make sure it's on a server that's closer to you, and click manual test size and pick 200mb. It should be 100+

If that doesn't work or is still slow (sometimes their servers suck) then go to dslreports.com/speedtest on your xbox and test it there.

Archived