Printer not working hooked up wifi thru Netduma

VANSQUEAKER

I have tried two separate printer both different models. I took the first one back thinking it was broke and the second is a completely different brand and neither will work under wifi. I set them both up and also they show under my devices. the first was a cannon and the second is an HP any help would be greatly appreciate. I am out of ideas

I have tried two separate printer both different models. I took the first one back thinking it was broke and the second is a completely different brand and neither will work under wifi. I set them both up and also they show under my devices. the first was a cannon and the second is an HP any help would be greatly appreciate. I am out of ideas

I have a HP printer running through my Duma, make sure you have the correct drivers installed also i can manually search for networks on my printer infact thats how i set mine up in the beginning. Another thing you could try is to connect it with a cable and get it all running then try to switch to wireless, and the last thing i can think of is your firewall or antivirus so make sure your printer is allowed through those and make sure the ports are not being blocked.

Thanks for the FW Info i was just checking you were not on a really old version :)

When all other avenues have been exhausted 1.03.3 has a wifi work around for people having wifi issues.

Thanks for the FW Info i was just checking you were not on a really old version :)

When all other avenues have been exhausted 1.03.3 has a wifi work around for people having wifi issues.

Yes this has stopped my WIFI troubles as you know Zen so could help, to be honest my printer never connected via the set up i had to actually search networks with the printer interface on the actual device its self then enter the IP that was displayed in the part in the set up where it asked for the IP then all worked fine.  

• Netduma Staff

I also got a HP printer set up. I didn't set up any port forwarding though. If it is connected to your Netduma and has an internet connection, then I recommend using apple "Bonjour" software to search for and set up the printer. You can download and install it, then you just load it up and it will search for network printers. You choose your printer from the list of printers on the Network and then it will automatically install it for you onto that PC so you can print from it. Imo its a really good piece of software for setting network printers up - it makes it much easier. If your on Mac, the add printer should automatically search for network printers - the same with linux.

I would like to thank everyone for all there help. I'm not exactly sure which one helped. I opened the ports. Currently have Bonjour and reset my router now it is printing fine. I really appreciate everyone helping and NETDUMA has an awesome community!!! :D

I would like to thank everyone for all there help. I'm not exactly sure which one helped. I opened the ports. Currently have Bonjour and reset my router now it is printing fine. I really appreciate everyone helping and NETDUMA has an awesome community!!! :D

Lets say it was a joint effort LOL

Guest Netduma Fraser

So there wasnt a delay before? How much of a delay? You are more than welcome to do that, just bear in mind congestion control won't work if you do so. Have you tried disconnecting it from the WiFi and reconnecting?

3-5 Minutes would be my guess. Just strange it pops up on laptop unable to print and 5 minutes later it prints it anyways. I would hate lose my congestion control. I would lose that ability, even if all other devices are connected wifi thru duma?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Strange, have you rebooted the printer at all? Yes every device needs to be connected through the R1. Have you tried going through the steps in this thread again just to make sure everything is set up correctly?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Thx Fraser!! I deleted the printer off my devices. Did a router reboot. Manually re entered the password on the printer and printed a test page and it worked. I just hope it stays working. lol

Fantastic! Yeah hopefully, let us know how it goes :)

Archived