So I just purchased this router and I'm having trouble with it! 

The internet keeps dropping from my Netduma router after about 5 minutes, and it won't come back unless I reboot the router, unplug it, leave it alone for about a minute, then reconnect it. But it will always drop from the internet in about five minutes so I don't know what to do! :( I don't know if its my AT&T router, or my Netgear router that's blocking communications. 

My setup is ISP (3600 HGV AT&T) > Netgear Router (Wndr 3700v2) > Netduma Router

Any suggestions? Do I have it set up wrong? Really want to get this to work. 

Nothing. Light 1 doesn't even blink or anything. It seems to only work connected to my Netgear router. But then it drops internet connection in the span of 5 minutes. The Netgear router stays with internet connection, the Netduma does not. 

Nothing. Light 1 doesn't even blink or anything

Hu? You should start from here because it's not normal.

- Do your AT&T modem have a function to disable certain ethernet ports?

- Or Can these ports can be used for someting else? (In france, on of the Ethernet port is dedicated to TV box, it has a certain vlan config and can be used for "normal" network stuff)

- Have you tried another cable? or checked if it is well plugged in (sounds obvious but sometimes...)

- Maybe your Netgear limits DUMA's networking due to QoS stuff etc?

@I Am MoD BoX is right, your DUMA should be directly plugged to ISP modem and declared as DMZ in it for optimal performance.

Hu? You should start from here because it's not normal.

- Do your AT&T modem have a function to disable certain ethernet ports?

- Or Can these ports can be used for someting else? (In france, on of the Ethernet port is dedicated to TV box, it has a certain vlan config and can be used for "normal" network stuff)

- Have you tried another cable? or checked if it is well plugged in (sounds obvious but sometimes...)

- Maybe your Netgear limits DUMA's networking due to QoS stuff etc?

@I Am MoD BoX is right, your DUMA should be directly plugged to ISP modem and declared as DMZ in it for optimal performance.

Good News: Plugged in a different Ethernet cord this time and light 1 started blinking and it was broadcasting WiFi.

Bad News: Same thing happened again. Light 1 stopped blinking after about 5 minutes and Netduma wasn't receiving internet anymore....

Maybe its the Netduma that's defective? The WiFi light doesn't even blink once when I'm using the WiFi..... hmmmmm..... 

• Administrators

Good News: Plugged in a different Ethernet cord this time and light 1 started blinking and it was broadcasting WiFi.

Bad News: Same thing happened again. Light 1 stopped blinking after about 5 minutes and Netduma wasn't receiving internet anymore....

Maybe its the Netduma that's defective? The WiFi light doesn't even blink once when I'm using the WiFi..... hmmmmm..... 

Hey, welcome to the forum! 

If in the first instance it was due to an ethernet cable that it wasn't working I would make sure it's firmly plugged into the duma. Also try again into the netgear with that ethernet. 

The wifi light won't flash, that's what it is like as standard.

Hey, welcome to the forum! 

If in the first instance it was due to an ethernet cable that it wasn't working I would make sure it's firmly plugged into the duma. Also try again into the netgear with that ethernet. 

The wifi light won't flash, that's what it is like as standard.

Thanks for the welcome!

Tried that and again it works for about five minutes, then the Netduma loses internet. I know when it loses it too because " light 1 " won't blink anymore. It still broadcasts WiFi after those five minutes but the Netduma won't receive the internet from my ISP. 

• Administrators

Please do the following, take out the Netgear, put the R1 into the DMZ of your ISP hub & then on your ISP hub interface do this:

Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration

• Uncheck the following: Stealth Mode, Block Ping, Strict UDP Session Control.
  • Check everything under Outbound Protocol Control except NetBIOS.
  • Uncheck NetBIOS under Inbound Protocol Control.
  • Uncheck all the Attack Detection checkboxes (7 of them)
  • Save

Please do the following, take out the Netgear, put the R1 into the DMZ of your ISP hub & then on your ISP hub interface do this:

Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced Configuration

• Uncheck the following: Stealth Mode, Block Ping, Strict UDP Session Control.
  • Check everything under Outbound Protocol Control except NetBIOS.
  • Uncheck NetBIOS under Inbound Protocol Control.
  • Uncheck all the Attack Detection checkboxes (7 of them)
  • Save

Thanks Fraser, but I believe the box is defective. Light 1 won't blink for anything and when it does work, it only works for about five minutes so it has to be the box.

I bought it online from a seller which was a huge mistake. I'm in the process of trying to get a refund. I'll purchase another Netduma this time from Netduma.com because the software is amazing. Hopefully I won't have this issue again. I'll post on here again if I have any other issues with the new box. Thanks. 

• Administrators

The above suggestion is something I found for a similar issue to yours so would at least recommend trying that before going through all the hassle of trying to get a refund & repurchasing from us. 

The above suggestion is something I found for a similar issue to yours so would at least recommend trying that before going through all the hassle of trying to get a refund & repurchasing from us. 

Hey Fraser, just wanted to let you know it was the box that was defective. The new one that came in is working like a charm! Loving the router! 

Archived