Setting Bandwidth accurately

BL4CK OPS V3TRN

Hi All ,

As per the topic is this really important ? Reason I ask is when you use pre emptive I have noticed you don't get your full bandwidth where if you use reactive you do . So if you set your bandwidth to max I.e 80/20 but then move to pre emptive without changing the bandwidth would this cause issues ? So in effect your getting a lot lower bandwidth than what you have told the DUMA your are getting ... Hope this makes sense

You will never get the full 80/20 because of overheads so its best to do multiple speed testers to find out your true sync speed.

If you set it to 80/20 and your true speed was say 67/17 then the percentage of the sliders would be wrong and you would not be at 70% even though you had dialled that in.

I have always used reactive on both my adsl and fibre line, for me it has been the best for keeping pings to a minimum while my son is using the network as well, this may be different for other users and they find pre-emptive works better.

Guest Netduma Fraser

I can only echo what Zennon has said :) If your true speed is above 60 I would go for reactive, but again as Zennon has said some find pre-emptive is better for them. 

Archived