Installing with Fios

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi,

Thanks for considering purchasing and the support on twitter :)

I think we definitely have some people using it already. I'll leave them to answer it.

I think the solution is:

Wall -> Verizon Modem -> R1

With the TV connected to Verizon modem, but again probably best hearing from someone who has it working. 

Well i wanted to post about this yesterday, but was in full football mode. What i mainly wanted to bring up, and is kind of to the netduma guys. Is any customer you have, that says he has fios for internet. It will be damn near impossible for them, to put there modem/router into bridge mode. Because it helps run coax to support there tv services. So the Netduma router will have to connect to the fios router, but the fios router should support dmz. To allow the netduma to open ports on it's side, to anything connected to it.

To answer about the Verizon router, it is very simple and I have done this with my Asus router. My Asus connects to my modem first then I gave my Verizon router a different IP address. Then I called Verizon to do a line release and now everything is working and has been running for about 9 months now with no problems. So I would think it would work the same with the Netduma R1  

To answer about the Verizon router, it is very simple and I have done this with my Asus router. My Asus connects to my modem first then I gave my Verizon router a different IP address. Then I called Verizon to do a line release and now everything is working and has been running for about 9 months now with no problems. So I would think it would work the same with the Netduma R1  

and you have tv so you have the coax running right 

so it goes ont to your asus to the fios router right and all you did was change the fios router from 192.168.1.1 to say 192.168.1.2 or something higher

192.168.2.1 on the Verizon and disconnect your WiFi on it

192.168.1.1 on your router you what to use . Use your WiFi on this one

T.V works

1. turn off your router ( read #5 First)

2. turn off your modem and wait 2 mins then turn it back on.

3 turn on your router you want to use, if you don't have a connection call Verizon and get them to do a line release .

4. Once you have connection, connect your Verizon router from the Wan port to the LAN port (any) of the #1 router you want to use.

5. connect a computer straight to the Verizon router and make sure its 192.168.2.1 or it wont work. This should be done before you disconnect the Verizon Router      

• 1 month later...

To be just a bit more exact but extend on AnnonymouS' post. While plugged directly into the Verizon Fios Actiontec Router 1. Disable Wireless under Wireless Settings > Basic Security Settings > Turn Wireless Off 2. go to My Network > Network Connections > Network (Home/Office) > Settings > Go to IP Address and Change it to 192.168.2.1 You get an error message talking about DNS servers field being blank. Disregard it and hit apply.

On the NetDuma router go to Settings > DHCP > Host Address and change to 192.168.1.1 I then powered off both routers off for two minutes powered them back on and everything worked perfectly for me.

Hope I didn't miss anything and I hope this helps. It first took me some time to find where to change these settings. I am in no way familiar with this stuff. So I though I would elaborate. 

E4symoney I'm also running on fios as well but I am connected with no problem on my ps4 but I didn't disable my WiFi on my actiontec, could that cause any problems?

Not that I know of. However, I run everything through the R1 for congestion control, which works like a charm. Not to mention the range on the R1 is actually better than my Verizon actiontec. I turned off the wireless for the set up process. Not turning it back on was just a preference.

Archived