Testing speed

100/100 on the sliders to check your speeds.  Reduced, meaning set the slider at 70 for 70% or 60 for 60%, to combat bufferbloat locally if you are trying to get an A+ on Bufferbloat and Line Quality.

Thanks for the quick reply, does the device prioritization have to be set to equal? I usually have it at 70 to my ps4 and around 5 to every other device in the house.

Don't you have Hyper lane for your gaming console?  The latest release has it.

With Hyper lane, I leave everything completely the same and balanced in the flower.  The exception would be if I know I am going to be streaming Netflix, wirelessly, on the remote TV.  In which case I give that double the rest of the devices in the flower.

Hyper lane is the key for gaming.  Everything else should be able to share your bandwidth unless you have very specific needs.

YMMV,

JD

I do have hyper lane on the PS4 but was unaware that you can leave the device flower equal and still get maximum bandwith to the PS4. I will have to try leaving the prioritization equal tonight and see how things work out playing B03. Thanks for all the help Ill be sure to check back with results. Also, sould deep packets be ticked or unticked if my speeds are 75/75 or does it not matter what speeds are for this setting? 

• Administrators

I do have hyper lane on the PS4 but was unaware that you can leave the device flower equal and still get maximum bandwith to the PS4. I will have to try leaving the prioritization equal tonight and see how things work out playing B03. Thanks for all the help Ill be sure to check back with results. Also, sould deep packets be ticked or unticked if my speeds are 75/75 or does it not matter what speeds are for this setting? 

Yes if share excess is enabled it means any device can get bandwidth if it needs it/other devices aren't using it. Considering doesn't require much leaving it equal should not prevent any issues/degradation :) 

Unticked.

Yes if share excess is enabled it means any device can get bandwidth if it needs it/other devices aren't using it. Considering doesn't require much leaving it equal should not prevent any issues/degradation :) 

Unticked.

So if I were to leave my setup as 70% to my PS4 and all other devices 5% but untick share excess would that work or is it just the same as if I leave the prioritization equal and leave share excess ticked? Sorry if im misunderstanding. Im trying to get the most bandwith to the PS4 and the other devices can just use whatever is left, thats my goal. 

So if I were to leave my setup as 70% to my PS4 and all other devices 5% but untick share excess would that work or is it just the same as if I leave the prioritization equal and leave share excess ticked? Sorry if im misunderstanding. Im trying to get the most bandwith to the PS4 and the other devices can just use whatever is left, thats my goal. 

Technically yes that would work but it's unnecessary as Fraser said gaming takes so little bandwidth that if you just leave your device prioritization set even and keep share excess ticked you will be fine.Unless you have some crazy things going on with your home network.

I would be more concerned with what your buffer bloat and line quality grades are than with how much bandwidth you have going to your PS4 as hyper lane pretty much takes care of the rest with it allowing your gaming packets to bypass all your network queues.

Archived