NAT type Moderate after asus Update

Guateuc

Hello

My setup is currently asus RT-66r to netduma to ps4/xbox.  I disconnected my netduma and updated my asus router.  After that I connected the netduma back. I noticed that my NAT type was moderate while playing CoD AW (ps4).  When I connect to the asus i get an open nat but when I connect to the Netduma I get moderate.  I have tried restarting both routers and the ps4 but the NAT is staying Moderate. attached is my Internet Diagnosis.

Thank you

post-321-0-41383000-1427755765_thumb.png

post-321-0-26723000-1427755773_thumb.png

I had a strict Nat last night on xbox one again. Not exactly sure why. I actually had to disconnect my netduma to get into party chat with friends.:( Seems to be more common lately for some reason.

Yes, you can see the address to but in the DMZ by going to the Netduma device manager and looking at what the WAN address is. This is the number that should be in the DMZ of the Asus :)

oh okay, the reason why i asked is because the asus gave the netduma it's own ip address.

• Netduma Staff

Yes, it will do :) The WAN IP in the device manager is just showing you what that IP is incase your router does't have a section that displays all the devices. The number in WAN IP In device manager is the number that should be in the DMZ. You might also want to give the Netduma a static IP (from the Asus) so that you don't keep have to keep updating the IP in the DMZ.

Can you guys both disable your geo-filter and see if the NAT is open after doing so please

I'm really not sure why but they are both open nat again. I'm just going to have to roll with it until it happens again.

Guest Netduma_Iain

If the geo-filter is disabled its almost certainly not an issue with the router I'm afraid, as it won't be filtering anything. Unless you have put a bunch of hosts in your deny list?

Guest Netduma_Iain

If it reports your NAT is open & the geo-filter is disabled then it behaves like a standard router in terms of filtering hosts.

I guess next time it happens zoom out of you geo-filter map and look for a:

• new hazard triangle appearing
  • new padlock appearing
  • red cross appearing

If nothing new appears then its definitely not filtering and it must be that the DMZ is indeed not working on the other router for some reason. Lets cross that bridge when come to it there is a simple solution. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok so that means the geo-filter is on. Those padlocks are normal, its a bit odd they are inside the circle. But that could just be anti-cheat.

Pay attention for a NEW one when party chat doesn't let you connect cranium :)

Archived