Select Games/Services Item Removal

PharmDawgg

• Netduma Staff

I want to remove the Nintendo service is there anyway to delete it?

I think that if you disconnect the item and then delete the item from the device manager it removes it. You might have to restart the Netduma to delete it from the device manager.

I just play a little Mario Kart every so often - this is my son's game console mainly.  I do not have any Nintendo games for multiplayer purposes.  I set it up in the Netduma just so I would have all the consoles tied to the Netduma.  

Guest Netduma_Iain

ok cool, ya we need to get some feedback from Nintendo players as I don't think we have any. But I believe it works for smash & super mario kart. 

Here's a sample of the  Wii U Mario Kart 8 Geofilter :

I not sure who the host is.  Also I selected regional on Mario Kart 8 and not Worldwide.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Looks like its P2P. How did those ones sneak through outside the filter though, was the filter bigger before when you search and you didnt wait for everything to clear when you lowered it?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Buck that looks awesome. We have a new feature for those type of games. When it was filtering locally did you notice an improvement in the game?

The only noticeable difference is in the results of gameplay.  Was originally finishing bottom half  and now in the top half.  Or sometimes just winning outright.  Its is kinda difficult to tell be it I am only racing other people and not having contact with them like COD.  

Also, I was getting people in my lobby from Mexico, Guatamala, etc.  But not after running in for about two hours everyone in my lobby in from the east coast. Will keep testing and reporting.  

• 4 months later...

I can't speak for Mario Kart 8 on Wii U, but for Mario Kart 7 on 3DS. Nintendo recommends to open all udp ports from 1-65535. I don't think this is a good idea and could get you into serious trouble.

Unless you can't connect to the matchmaking or to players in a party I wouldn't open a single port for this game.

But do it another way: Logon to your R1 -》Click to Settings/uPnP and tick it. -》Click to Settings/Miscellaneous and tick "Enable uPnP forwarding".

-》Reboot the R1 using the router interface.

Now your NAT type should be open.

It's not just a bad idea, it's plain nonsense. No application needs 2 ^ 16 ports (!!!).

Skype and uTorrent need exactly ONE port each and they tell you which port is that. Why do games need more than that? Not to mention that there are no settings/no troubleshooting.

Forwarding ports is necessary to avoid disconnection errors. I wish consoles/online games supported IPv6. :\

I would let the duma handle the ports that the games need but to get specific ports go to port forward.com and they have pretty much every game and console and what ports need to be open for your specific game and system.

Archived