There it goes AGAIN!

So for the third time in about 2 weeks the Netduma just doesn't do a damn thing again.

It connects to PS4 but I can't play any goddamn game online. BO3 says I'm on a LAN and The Devision can't connect either.

I pull out my Duma and go straigth from my ISP and all is fine.

Last week it seemed to be fixed but it's all f*cked again. For now it's byebye Duma before I slam the thing into a wall.

I've tried everything I had to do the 2 last times and still nothing. Rebooting doesn't work and a Factory reset doesn't do it either. 

The thing I don't get is why does it work fine for a week, even last night. But it doesn't do a damn thing today without anything at all changing...

Next week a friend is comming over and he knows a bit more about networks and stuf so I'll wait untill then.

So far for the time it worked it's a sweet thing to have, but for the money I spent on this so I've spent more time on forums and youtube trying to get the damn thing to work then actually playing a game.

I still think it can be a great addition to a gamers arsenal,but for me as of today it's unreliable and gives me more frustration then a 2-bar connection wich is ironic if you ask me.

Don't want to be negative but that's my expirience so far. And I know there is a lot of support on the forum when you have an issue, but 3 times in 2 weeks without anything changing on my side ... Can't say I'm a happy customer so far.

I agree man and the same shit has happened to me. Worked great for the first week and ever since my netduma will make my Xbox just stutter and kick me offline and right back online and I can't use my party chat and kicks me out of all my games. I've done everything possible from the forums! Once I hook up my old router everything is back to normal. Need help plz!!!!

• Administrators

Can you check that you're connecting via automatic network settings.

If you disable the Geo-filter do you still get disconnected?

Can you try a different ethernet cable as well as trying a different port in the duma as well please.

I agree man and the same shit has happened to me. Worked great for the first week and ever since my netduma will make my Xbox just stutter and kick me offline and right back online and I can't use my party chat and kicks me out of all my games. I've done everything possible from the forums! Once I hook up my old router everything is back to normal. Need help plz!!!!

i've replied to your thread with the same advice for you to try :)

First of thank you for the awesome support Fraser! I admit if you guys didn't help as fast or tried to help find solutions I would have moved on already.

So I will try and use another port on the Duma aswell as another cable.

As far as disableling the Geo-filter that's something I've tried. But with the new cable or port who knows maybe that's the solution.

Now don't get me wrong, but last time all of a sudden my Duma just worked again without me doing anything. It just didn't work one day and then a few days later (I pulled the power on it) it just worked. Now I was happy but at the same time frustrated because even tho the problem was "fixed" I didn't know what it was AND if it happened again ... what was it ...

So I'll try the things you said tomorrow as I have a busy day and night planned.

Again thank you!

p.s. if there are ppl here from Belgium, Antwerp that could possible help me send me a PM or something. Maybe I'm doing something horribly or stupidly wong and they could maybe fix it by checking a box somewhere ;)

So today I just started from scratch. I first rebooted my ISP modem/router. Then I made all the connections again like explained on the instructioncard. After doing all that I just started it all up and it worked fine.

Same cables, same ports. So for now I'm playing via the Duma again. Hopefully now for a longer period of time.

So is the problem fixed or found? Nope.

Can I play? Yes

Happy? Yup, for now ;)

EDIT: The one thing I did do different is disable the geo-filter before starting up my PS4 and game. And only enabling it when I was allready in the MP menu.

I didn't do it before and it worked but I see lots of ppl doing this so I'll do it aswell.

I wonder if the issue is DHCP lease + UPnP

I'll try my best to explain the issue:

PS4 (IP request) -> Netduma

[PS4 is powered on and requests an IP to the DHCP server built into the netduma.]

PS4 (IP response) <- Netduma

The netduma will allocate a unused IP to the PS4 example: 192.168.88.101

PS4 (UPnP Request to port forward) -> Netduma

The netduma will open the ports for the IP of the PS4, if those ports haven't been previously requested.

PS4 is open NAT type and good to go...

12 hours/24 hours later the lease expires

PS4 (loses it's old IP)

iPhone (IP request) -> Netduma

iPhone (IP response) <- Netduma

The netduma will allocate a unused IP to the iPhone example: 192.168.88.101

PS4 (IP request) -> Netduma

[PS4 is powered on and requests an IP to the DHCP server built into the netduma.]

PS4 (IP response) <- Netduma

The netduma will allocate a unused IP to the PS4 example: 192.168.88.102 (101 was taken by the iPhone)

PS4 (UPnP Request to port forward) -> Netduma

The netduma will open the ports for the IP of the PS4, ports assigned to 192.168.88.101.

PS4 is closed NAT type and can't connect to PSN...

This normally happens when another device turns on after the lease for the PS4 is expired and the router gives the old IP to the new device.  When the PS4 returns it gets a new IP...

If this is the case you will want to assign a static IP to your consoles.

> MISC > DHCP Lease

Click the Reserved checkbox next to the console, then give it a last octet like 50.

This is just one possibility and definitely not the only possibility.

Archived