STILL NOT GETTING FULL DOWNLOAD SPEEDS

So I have with through the questions and answers and done everything it says but still not getting my full download speeds all the time. I am doing an internet speed test on my desktop wired directly to the Duma and only getting 15-20mbps out of the 360 I get with my netgear router hooked up. My upload speeds look to be good as they are right around 30mbps which is normal. I am starting to get frustrated with this thing so can someone please help me resolve this issue. Thanks

If your test results are showing ping spikes and packet loss that is either a bad cable somewhere or a problem with your ISP... You can download the free trial of a program called PingPlotter and let it run for a few days to gather data on your ping.

As for your download speeds, make sure you are updated to the newest firmware 1.03.6g by going to the bottom of your router page.

If you are updated then go into your router settings, go to congestion control, click set bandwidth and input your speeds and click update bandwidth. It will ask if you would like to auto configure your router... Press YES. While in congestion control click on reset distribution at the bottom of the page.

• Administrators

Can you provide screenshots of congestion control, wan settings, lan settings, misc settings & bandwidth settings please.

As above something very weird is happening in that test. Indicates an issue with your line or the ethernet cable directly connecting the duma to the ISP hub.

For speeds as well make sure any wired devices are using ethernet cables capable of 100mbps+ ideally Cat5e or higher.

Can you provide screenshots of congestion control, wan settings, lan settings, misc settings & bandwidth settings please.

As above something very weird is happening in that test. Indicates an issue with your line or the ethernet cable directly connecting the duma to the ISP hub.

For speeds as well make sure any wired devices are using ethernet cables capable of 100mbps+ ideally Cat5e or higher.

I have all Cat5e cables. Here are the screenshots you asked for

Bandwidth%20Settings_zpsanhmrzs5.jpg

Misc%20Settings_zpsfrqhemia.jpg

Wan%20Settings_zpsfxqootjw.jpg

Congestion%20Control_zpssgsov2zb.jpg

Lan%20Settings_zpshuysoykj.jpg

If your test results are showing ping spikes and packet loss that is either a bad cable somewhere or a problem with your ISP... You can download the free trial of a program called PingPlotter and let it run for a few days to gather data on your ping.

As for your download speeds, make sure you are updated to the newest firmware 1.03.6g by going to the bottom of your router page.

If you are updated then go into your router settings, go to congestion control, click set bandwidth and input your speeds and click update bandwidth. It will ask if you would like to auto configure your router... Press YES. While in congestion control click on reset distribution at the bottom of the page.

Everything runs the way it should with my Netgear router hooked up so I doubt its any of the wires or my internet. I just used that pingplotter with the Duma hooked up and here's what it looks like after like a minute

PingPlot_zps7yolcum9.jpg

• Administrators

Are all devices connected to the duma?

For speeds you need super turbo mode enabled as well.

I would put your device in hyper traffic as well for your gaming. Could be you're not using CC which is why those spikes are occurring. Though with super turbo CC will be disabled.

Are all devices connected to the duma?

For speeds you need super turbo mode enabled as well.

I would put your device in hyper traffic as well for your gaming. Could be you're not using CC which is why those spikes are occurring. Though with super turbo CC will be disabled.

Tried these things and still the same issues. I even tried doing a factory reset and still nothing. It seems as if this is a running issue for a few people cause I see multiple topics with the same problems. Is it possible this is a software or hardware issue? Or maybe its settings in the Modem that are interfering with the routers connection? Who knows either way I really want this fixed so I can use my Duma to its fullest potential

Well yesterday after trying a bunch of different things to get this to work, I finally gave in and started looking around online for what routers people have that are working and which ones weren't working with the NetDuma R1. So basically It seems the Arris SB6183 is not compatible with the Duma. Not sure why but I'm not the only person with this router that has had this issue and had to switch modems in order to resolve the issue. The new router I have is the Arris TG2472 Modem with built in router. The SB6183 was just a modem. So as of right now everything works as is should but I will report back in a week or so and let you guys know if the issue was for sure solved. 

Okay so using a different modem you have full speeds? That's good keep us updated

Yes sir switching modems fixed my low speeds and horrible ping issues. Everything works exactly as it should right now. I was playing around with it this morning on some BO3 and no issues at all. I mean except my aim being all over the place but thats another issue LoL. I'm just glad I can use the R1 instead of having to send it back.

Archived