Ping Assist stop working

Pro Innocence

Guest Netduma_Iain

Those sparkly hosts are hosts that you've put in your allow list not ping assist.

But why do you think ping assist is broken? 

hi Iain, I know that they are my allowed hosts, but I never see any nuclear signs anymore and even tried putting the home in the ocean and setting ping assist but nothing ever appears and I never see any nuclear signs no more.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Its probably because we have moved most hosts in the right location in EU. However you probably need to set it higher to at least 50ms. Ping assist is doing a very difficutl task so its always better to set it slightly higher then what you expect.

Hi iain, If I have my geo filter set to the smallest amount and then put my ping assist to 50 ms ping, will that mean I will connect to people outside my geo range with 50 ms ping or less? if so nothing happens so I am still wondering if my ping assist is not working?

UPDATE: I was looking for a game on AW and couldn't find a game, when i zoomed out the only padlock showing was in the US, when I done a ping to it i was pinging less then 30 ms ping to the host showing in the US. my ping assist was set to 50 ms ping but still did not connect to the host until I disabled the geo filter, I am pretty sure the ping assist feature is not working. Please help

I've had the same issue. Ping assist was set to 85ms, geo filter set to avoid the Seattle server, but guess what? I got into the Seattle server with a ping of 120ms.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Pro ping assist doesn't catch everything its a very difficult task. If it did we could just get rid of distance filtering. However its a very difficult task. I think its far more likely that most servers have been moved to the UK. Can you keep an eye on the ID of the hosts that are far away and have low ping please.

Pro can you reset your device prio in the congestion control section please then try again. 

Archived