unamed device

Is there a particular reason why in the geo filter my device selection section says unamed device?...It only happens for my xbox one....my ipad say ipad and computer had its name. This happened after a factory reset. Does it matter? And can i edit the device name

Sometimes my system comes up with unnamed device and it is usually because I have connected something via wifi, my laptop for instance has a name laptop when it is wired when it is connected via wifi it comes up as unnamed. I think you can change the name by going to device mangler edit then click in the box where the name is and change it.

Oh mine calls then nameless device.

• Netduma Staff

The exact same thing happened to me. When I did a factory reset the router had all my devices as un-named. I found that the devices that were unnamed were the ones the Netduma recognised as wired. I fixed this by unplugging the device/devices, rebooting the router and then reconnecting them :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'm not sure why its an unnamed device. But you can change it by going to the Device Manager, clicking edit. Then you need to find it and you can change the name of it to whatever you want for example "Xbox One"

Archived