Xfinity Gateway Modem Cisco DPC3941T and my router

dallas7107

Hello,

I have the above gateway modem and have been trying to get it to work with my router. I enabled the bridge in the gateway and when I connect the router to my PC I could not get Internet access. I am sure it is something in the router that I am not setting right. Any help would be appreciated. 

After you put it into bride mode, connect it to the router, then press  the reset button on the back... Just press it for a second, if you hold it down it will factory reset the modem turning off bridge mode... Also make sure you have the router plugged into port 1 on the modem.

Hey welcome to the forum! 

Has the suggestion above worked?

Could you access the duma interface at all?

Are you aware if you require PPPoE?

Yes I did and it worked! Sorry I didn't reply right away I was busy with work and a house full of internet users and I didn't get to it until today. Not sure I need a PPPoE, my internet speed is the same up and down as it was before and I have been able to set up our wireless devices without any problems. I can't wait to try this out on BO3.

Again thanks for the help

Yes I did and it worked! Sorry I didn't reply right away I was busy with work and a house full of internet users and I didn't get to it until today. Not sure I need a PPPoE, my internet speed is the same up and down as it was before and I have been able to set up our wireless devices without any problems. I can't wait to try this out on BO3.

Again thanks for the help

No problem... With Comcast/Xfinity your modem ties your IP to whatever device is plugged into it's MAC address. So if you switch routers you need to restart/reset the modem to refresh the modem's IP... 16 years of Comcast service

Archived