Strict Nat again

cranium2001

My nat is okay in game but showing strict in Network in xbox one. I rebooted everything and it was open but still couldn't join friends party chat. I restarted my xbox one and now it's strict again. Any ideas?

My nat is okay in game but showing strict in Network in xbox one. I rebooted everything and it was open but still couldn't join friends party chat. I restarted my xbox one and now it's strict again. Any ideas?

Do you have your Netduma in the DMZ of the main router.

Yes sir. I may have fixed it. I cleared the mac address in system settings and changed it on the netgear. It went from xxx.xx.x.6 to xxx.xx.x.7. Not sure if that was it but I got back into party chat. Still seems a bit off though but working now.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Cranium

If its fixed don't worry about it. But Legit is mentioning that sometimes our geo-filter can make the xbox falsely report that the NAT is not open. Remember to try disable it first and see if that makes a difference to your NAT status.

But since you couldn't join your friends before it was probably a true report. 

If it happens again should I just disable? And if so then what should I do? Thanks for all the help guys. I can usually figure it out but this one got me. Too much pressure from five fiends waiting lol.

Archived