A lan cable has been disconnected (PS4)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Netduma_Iain

Sorry of course you're based in the US, I knew that sorry for asking a stupid question.

I could be available 8pm GMT, does that work for you?

Actually can we do 8pm GMT tomorrow?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Madman your logic makes sense I agree, but the Internet is full of threads saying its faulty playstation. You just need to do a quick Google search also the number of people using the R1 with the playstation kinda points that way as well.

If Google wasn't so full of threads about this paticular issue I would have suggested just sending it back immediately and we'd replace it. But I think we can probably fix it remotely.

I guess just tell when is the best time for you today or any other day. Just try not to make it between 10pm and 10 am here please :D 

Hello again Iain, Seems like we cant sync a good time to remotely fix this issue, what info do you need from for you to do this? Can you tweek the router while I'm away? You have my permission to do so if thats the case. Thanks...

Guest Netduma_Iain

Really it would be best for me to access the router while you there so we can try different things and I'll see the routers log files themselves.

Can you try pick any reasonable GMT during the week I can go upto midnight GMT and I'll make sure it happens. Thanks mate 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Can you try it again, and show me what it says when the disconnect happens please. 

I don't think congestion control or geo-filter will make a difference to the cable. I guess can you try setting the "reactive" algorithm and see if that fixes it mate. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

hrm ok so it disconnects for a second and its definitely at the physical layer. Let me research it madmen. Thanks for doing that. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Madman,

I'm trying my best to figure this out. Can you try something simple please I know you said it already but give this a go again http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1247-ps4-could-not-find-ip-address-in-specifies-time-solved/?p=18259

If that doesn't work I guess best option is to return & get it fixed. Have you got anyone near you that has a R1 can you see if there one works? 

I think it's time to ship it back for repair or replacement Iain, I tried that already and I would try it again but the problem persists on my other PS4 as well and only does it on this router (not to mention that it takes forever to download all my games again). I connected my ps4 with my old Netgear router and I don't get this problem. My Netgear router doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the Netduma has so it's not an option for me. I know you are a busy man and I thank you for the time you've taken to help me resolve this issue but in all honesty, I think we reached its limit of testing. Please don't get me wrong I don't want to sound rude or anything of that sort, it's been over a month since I reported the issue and I just want it fixed. Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived