Geopanel not showing host

Pongo Paul

Hi just set up my new R1 today, in the geopanel I have the blue circle and can see the legend but cant see any hosts. By that I mean nothing from the legend shows up anywhere on the map regardless how zoomed in or out I am. Any idea what setting I have wrong?

I have attached a screen shot

Thanks

post-1240-0-39718600-1426376578_thumb.png

• Netduma Staff

Hi just set up my new R1 today, in the geopanel I have the blue circle and can see the legend but cant see any hosts. By that I mean nothing from the legend shows up anywhere on the map regardless how zoomed in or out I am. Any idea what setting I have wrong?

I have attached a screen shot

Thanks

Please follow this guide to set up the GeoFilter correctly.

hi, I have it configured like this but the new firmware only has "Xbox live PA" option, no "Xbox live", I presume that's not affecting it. Maybe I should look at it more while playing. Its definitely not going into laggy games tonight I have noticed a difference in game play but would like the options to see what/where hosts are. I will keep playing with the settings and see how it goes. Thanks again.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Paul,

Sometimes anti-virus, adware or firewall blocks it. Could you try temporarily disable it. Also please take a screenshot of the top of your geo-filter where the services are selected so we can assist further :)

Thanks everyone for helping! 

• Netduma Staff

Oh, I remember  someone else had this issue actually. The GeoFilter was "working" but no hosts would appear. The issue was he was using internet explorer.

If you are using internet explorer, then this might be the issue.

Try google chrome if your not already :)

• Netduma Staff

I am using IE I will install chrome and see how that goes, thanks. have to do that later today busy wiping the floor with everyone now thanks to no lag

Ok, I think this might fix it as it did for the other person :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks for helping Cranium, but that won't change the geo-filter.

Paul you can't remove a service, but you can disable it. Please let me know if that fixes it 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok mate, hopefully that fixes it. Its 2:30am here so I can't help till tomorrow if not but don't worry I'm sure its an easy fix!

it has the 2 xbones in devices, the fixed IP is 192.168.100.102 but it has .77 as well, I presume that's from when I was setting thing up and I removed the fixed ip to test it picked one up from DHCP. Should I remove it completely from devices and start again with it?

post-1240-0-85928200-1426386891_thumb.png

• Netduma Staff

Thanks Ian, im in UK as well just noticed time, gotta stop playing and go to bed as well. Thank you all for your help

So has chrome worked? :) I can see that there is a host on the GeoFilter so I guess it has?

Hi ya

Played again last night, really is awesome with no lag, but I still cant see very much in the geo panel. I see yellow circles and if I click on one it can ping test but I don't see any other icons. As an example I cant block a host, I don't see the triangle warnings that should inform me of hosts outside my selected area. I will reset it back to factory settings later when I get home and see if that helps, maybe I configured it wrong. Its running the latest firmware, I updated before using it so cant compare. I have tested in IE 11, Chrome, compatibility mode, disabled AV all to no avail?

Running W8.1 with all latest updates, not got Flash player installed (shouldn't need it with IE), do I need any other software installed to make it work, like horrible Java?

I will be home in a couple of hours, sending a sneaky mail from work at the mo, will respond then if you need me to do anything.

Cheers

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Paul I wouldn't recommend factory reset as it can cause more headaches then its worth. Also I don't think its releated.

Next time your on Chrome, please right click anywhere on the screen. Select "Insepect Element", a new window will appear. Select "console" and take a screenshot of it please & post here. Thanks

Hi Ian

Thanks for the prompt reply, just got in taking shot for you, seems there's some 404 errors?

If i remove XBone from devices is it easy to add back again, not sure having it with 2 IP address is helping, certainly doesn't help my OCD tendencies, that's part of the reason i was gonna reset it?

post-1240-0-08145700-1426528343_thumb.png

post-1240-0-60615700-1426528532_thumb.png

post-1240-0-97516600-1426528532_thumb.png

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hi Ian

Thanks for the prompt reply, just got in taking shot for you, seems there's some 404 errors?

If i remove XBone from devices is it easy to add back again, not sure having it with 2 IP address is helping, certainly doesn't help my OCD tendencies, that's part of the reason i was gonna reset it?

Based on those pictures, you've actually got the TCP one enabled but the one youre actually using the PA one (you can tell because the colours are the same on the xbox as they are on the filter. When the box says 'enable' that means its actually disabled, likewise if the box says 'disable' its actually enabled. So youve got the two the wrong way around. So disable TCP and enable the xbox with PA selected :)

Archived