Slower Speed Test Results

Hi Guys... ive had my Net duma Since December and had no issues its a great all round product. 

it was only the other day i connected the Ethernet to my home hub and noticed faster speed test results. Ive just tested on www.speedtest.me on my PS4 browser and i got 6mb down & 0.8 up with the netduma 3 out of 3 tests. Then i repeated the test 3 times on my Sky home hub to 10mb down 1.1 upload.

that im wanting to know is have i got a setting wrong that is reducing the speed or is the equipment not as capable of maintaining a good connection?

i only connect to both routers with a Ethernet and made sure nothing else was using the connection.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hi Guys... ive had my Net duma Since December and had no issues its a great all round product. 

it was only the other day i connected the Ethernet to my home hub and noticed faster speed test results. Ive just tested on www.speedtest.me on my PS4 browser and i got 6mb down & 0.8 up with the netduma 3 out of 3 tests. Then i repeated the test 3 times on my Sky home hub to 10mb down 1.1 upload.

that im wanting to know is have i got a setting wrong that is reducing the speed or is the equipment not as capable of maintaining a good connection?

i only connect to both routers with a Ethernet and made sure nothing else was using the connection.

Hey, thanks for purchasing and glad to see you've been enjoying it! Can you do a speedtest from a PC at all? You'll need to upgrade by following these instructions http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_updateand then youll be able to follow these steps to maximise your connection http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_is_my_speed_lower :) 

Great Reply dude im back to 1.1 upload 9 download so its alot closer to the skyhub, im got both upload and download caped for what ever reason i don't know. i did look for instructions but couldn't seem to find them.

Keep up the great work guys!!

Guest Netduma Fraser

Great Reply dude im back to 1.1 upload 9 download so its alot closer to the skyhub, im got both upload and download caped for what ever reason i don't know. i did look for instructions but couldn't seem to find them.

Keep up the great work guys!!

Fantastic :) If youre paying for a lot more than that then you should call your ISP. Heres a link to our wiki so you can find more information on everything http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=start:)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok i did some testing and i think it has something to do with netduma. I did speedtest for modem to pc, modem to netduma and pc wireless, and modem to an old belkin router and wireless. The upload speeds were roughly the same for all three test. The download speeds were drastically low with the netduma. Ive got my cap set to 100% for download and upload. Any reason why my speed is lower for the netduma?

Guest Netduma_Iain

There could be multiple reasons, could you let me know the down speeds for each test and Ill give you directions based on that :)

• 9 months later...
  • Administrators

I am having the same problem. My uploads are on point but my DL is cut in half on the Netduma for some reason. I have all updates and have tested this. Maybe they need new hardware to keep up with their software... ?

Hi Cole, please follow this guide. If that doesn't resolve it could you make your own thread please to discuss the issue.

Archived