Cant seem to get anything working with the R1

right im on my phone and this is all the info i can see about r1 

- ip add= 192.168.0.199

-subnet mask= 255.255.255.0

-def gateway= 192.168.0.1

-dns = 192.168.0.1

-dns suffix= LAN

- Mac Add= BC-CF-CC-47-44-95

That is all info of my r1 that comes up on the phone. does it help guys ? So sorry im burdening you all with my prob;ems

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

right im on my phone and this is all the info i can see about r1 

- ip add= 192.168.0.199

-subnet mask= 255.255.255.0

-def gateway= 192.168.0.1

-dns = 192.168.0.1

-dns suffix= LAN

- Mac Add= BC-CF-CC-47-44-95

That is all info of my r1 that comes up on the phone. does it help guys ? So sorry im burdening you all with my prob;ems

Type 192.168.0.1 into your browser. :)

If you connect, go Settings >> Lan and change the host address to 88.

• Netduma Staff

That will take him to the Hub GUI and i never changed anything in my Hub just ip reservation and dmz.

I thought those results were when connected to the R1. If you were connected to the Sky router when you got those results, forget overtyping I said :D If you were connected to the Netduma try it and see if it works :)

EDIT, just reread the post, they were definitely for the R1.

• Netduma Staff

guys i just followed the 192.168.0.1 and it took me straight into the r1 control panel? is that normal ? what do i do now ?? btw my pc is connected to netduma 

Ok, just go to Settings >> LAN and change the host address back to 88, then you can connect with 192.168.88.1. If you would prefer though, you can leave it as it is, it won't make a difference, just means you have to connect with 192.168.0.1 instead of 192.168.88.1. :)

Have you also got internet as well when connected to the R1?

Ok, just go to Settings >> LAN and change the host address back to 88, then you can connect with 192.168.88.1. If you would prefer though, you can leave it as it is, it won't make a difference, just means you have to connect with 192.168.0.1 instead.

Have you also got internet as well when connected to the R1?

If i type 192.168.0.1 i go to Sky GUI and 192.168.88.1 takes me to Duma GUI. I am connected to Duma not Hub.

• Netduma Staff

If i type 192.168.0.1 i go to Sky GUI and 192.168.88.1 takes me to Duma GUI. I am connected to Duma not Hub.

This is because 192.168.0.1 is the IP address for your Sky Hub :) In the OPs case, he had somehow invertently changed the host address to that so to connect to the R1 dashboard, he needs to use the new R1 IP address, which was 192.168.0.1. :)

right in the settings i only have

wifi

portforwarding

upnp

dhcp

dhcp lease

where is the lan ?

and i dont think i have internet working through netduma as google wont work ??

remember guys i aint clever lol

Its in settings under help tours.

• Netduma Staff

right in the settings i only have

wifi

portforwarding

upnp

dhcp

dhcp lease

where is the lan ?

and i dont think i have internet working through netduma as google wont work ??

remember guys i aint clever lol

Ok, you need to upgrade. Follow these instructions:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/742-7-beta/

Download the file in that link ^ Go to upgrade >> advanced. Click browse file, select the file and then click upgrade.

You will then be able to see this option in LAN. Change it back to 88 or leave it, but because Raddy said the IP for Sky Hub is 192.168.0.1, I would recommend changing it :)

This is because 192.168.0.1 is the IP address for your Sky Hub :) In the OPs case, he had somehow invertently changed the host address to that so to connect to the R1 dashboard, he needs to use the new R1 IP address, which was 192.168.0.1. :)

How did it change :) weird he should put it back to 88 so he can access his Hub aswell. 

• Netduma Staff

right ive chabged host back to 88 so does this mean i need to close it and open it up with 192.168.88.1 to see if it worked guys?

Yes, that is correct :) It might be able easier to help you in chat, then once it is sorted, you can post the answer back here. It is up to you though if its easier for you in here  :)

Chat

• Netduma Staff

guys ive had to do the chat we are in on my sisters laptop but im on my old pc visa doing the control gui for r1 so cant follow the link ?

Its fine if you want help here. Its just this thread is HUGE :D I don't think thats an issue though, we just need to sort out your problem :) Link for chat is here: http://forum.netduma.com/chat/ or at top right of this page.

• Netduma Staff

Ok, just a quick update on everything.

So sorted everything out with OP in chat :)

Issue's were:

-Changing Host IP

-No internet connection

Just to note, I have also written this in the WiKi. The version on the WiKi has some extra things that some users might find useful. I would suggest reading that one instead of the one below :)

Solution: 

Upgrading to .7 fixed all of the issues and allowed OP to change the host number back meaning he could also access his Sky Hub when connected to the R1.

If you have this problem:

If you can't connect to the R1 dashboard, it could be because the host address has changed. If it has changed, you need to fins out what it has changed to. Do do this:

Windows:

Open up a command prompt (click the start button, in the search bar type 'command' and then click 'Command Prompt'.

In the command prompt, type:

ipconfig

You should be returned with something similar to this:

4c4816ee95957995986d997b5b63bc29.png

The default gateway is the IP of the Netduma (skip past the mac instructions for the next steps).

Mac

Go to system preferences, then network. You should see something like this depending on weather you are connected via wire or wireless:

6990867dc86d10baf1b1c72dd24e48f8.png

Click the advanced button, then the TCP/IP tab:

b0013346485724f2611930fcd4b29976.png

The number after 'Router' is the IP address for the Netduma.

You can enter the number that you have just got into your bowser and it should allow you onto the Netduma Control Panel.

You can then click Settings >> LAN and change the host IP back to 88. In the OPs case, when he did this, it still didn't change for some reason.

The fix for this was to upgrade to a version (1.02.7 or newer). If you are already on the newest version, then doing a factory reset (Settings >> Miscellaneous and click the "Factory Reset" button) will set the host address back to default.

Upgrading also fixed the issue where there was no internet connection when connected to the Netduma. If you are already on a new version, a factory reset should fix this as well and allow you to connect to the internet using the R1.

Hope this helps anyone having a similar issue :)

EDIT:

So the above way will show you what the router address has changed to. If you want to access it to just change it back, you can go to http://r1

This will take you directly to the router home page if you just want to change it back.

• Netduma Staff

Wow Crossy, amazing work man. Thanks so much. 

This may be worth a wiki? Whatcha think? 

Yerp. Sounds like a good idea. I will transfer it over now, plus some other points I can add in :)

Archived