need help with r1

Hi I have had the r1 several days now and it doesn't seem right to me cod plays as bad as it did before I had the r1 I have a 40/10 connection I have run the diagnosis test and got exceptional on all and no packet loss 15ms ping .my setup is r1 to router to openreach modem I have tried every setting possible within the r1 but it don't seem to make a difference to the game play its really frustrating me with all the good reviews about the r1

• Netduma Staff

What pings are you getting to the hosts that you connect to? Are the games you connect to laggy? Maybe you could take a screen shot of your GeoFilter so we can see how you have everything set up :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

The R1 requires being setup correctly for it to operate. If you want a quick start, I recommend doing the following:

• First make sure your console is selected with the appriopiate "Xbox Live PA" or "Playstation Network PA"
  • Set your distance to 0
  • Click the button to the right of the magnifying glass twice
  • Make sure strict mode is ticked
  • Set ping assist to 50ms

Then play and let me know the pings you get. To get the pings click the largest circle and click the ping button. Then let me know what the graph shows please.

To me, this has absolutely nothing to do with the R1. I assume you are playing AW and unfortunately it just plays like junk about 50% of the time. I get in many lobbies that have a 30 - 40ms ping and it plays like crap. Then the very next game on the same server with the same ping it's like i can't be killed. I've had the R1 for a while now and it's a great product that does what it's advertised to do. It can't fix COD's netcode however. Of course, just my opinion :)

Hi guys so this is how I have set up my r1its set to preemptive anti flood 70% up and down device prioritisation 60% ps4 geo filter set to cover the UK only pa set to 32ms strict mode enabled. Run r1 diagnostics results are 15ms ping exceptional on all no packet loss in game ping graph shows pings to hosts are 8ms to 30ms very rare to get enything higher than that but AW plays like garbage I have even disabled the geo and pa and game plays the same or even a little better I'm at a loss and don't understand why its not doing what its supposed to do I understand it can not give a perfect game to many verbals but it doesn't improve enything either its really frustrating me I done a lot of research reading reviews and watching videos before I purchased the r1 but it really isn't living up to hype that surrounding it I don't what to do I have tried many setting configuration and it doesn't make any difference to the game play

Guest Netduma_Iain

Honestly 8ms is the best I've ever heard off in the UK. Are you getting a steady 8-30ms throughout the game?  Also just to be clear I mean the ping to the host during the game, not speedtest or anything else. 

Yes that's 8ms to 30ms to hosts very rare to have pings higher than that depending on host location and is a steady line on ping graph most of the time but do get some spiky ones but they go in the not allowed list 

Guest Netduma_Iain

it sounds like its working very well. If you want you can move your home location around and see if you find better hosts. But in terms of connection stats your pretty much optimum. 

I live on the south coast so home location is set up north so my geo covers the whole UK only I don't wait long to find games but aw play's like garbage its illegal half a second behind and when I disable my geo the game plays the same if not a little better I don't understand why the r1 is not making a difference

Guest Netduma_Iain

Yes I agree, then you are getting low ping games. That is the primary goal in reducing lag. You can try moving your home around but I can't comprehend how playing on a host with higher ping can result in better game-play. If you want to move your home to USA if you prefer that. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Just to clarify what I mean by you are getting low ping games is that Wifi can add extra ping from router to your console. But if you have a wire that means the ping graph is pretty much identical to what you're getting in game. 

Having a host in the USA is not going to help things maybe the new firmware will help me out when will it be released its just really frustrating all the great videos and reviews I have seen but it's not living up to the hype for me I understand it can't fix the rubbish net code and lag comp aw has but should improve things to a playable level

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'm just trying to offer solutions. The goal of the product is to minimize ping as much as possible. In your instance it is doing that with flying colours. I hope you appreciate I can't do any-more. The lower the ping the faster your actions react on the server. You're getting 8ms ping which is pretty much LAN.  I, or any product for that matter could not reduce your ping any further, so unfortunately I can't assist you further.

You can try moving your home around to see if you prefer other hosts that is the only alternative assuming the pings are low & steady like you say.

Guest Netduma_Iain

What I'm trying to say diplomatically, is there is no problem to solve. You have the optimum connection. The only thing you can do or any other product in the world could do is make your connection worse. Assuming the stat's you said above about ping are correct. If the stats are incorrect there could be a problem elsewhere and we can help but as it stands it sounds like its working perfectly. 

Netduma see making your connection worse to get and advantage as a form of cheating,  its similar to a lag switch so we will never implement features to do that. 

This is what it's like in a gun fight for me I shoot first I die while getting hit markers they kill me 2 or 3 hits if I shoot some who didn't see me takes 10 to 13 hit markers to kill them same weapon 

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'm sorry Scooby but I'm here to offer solutions only. I can't diagnose game-play I can only diagnose connection stats which correlate strongly with game play. I'm going to close the thread now as it seems as if everything is working correctly. Your alternative option is to move your home.

Archived