Netduma as software

RyukDG

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this has been asked before. I tried searching could not find much. If it has - please point me in the right direction. Question is - do you plan to release the netduma R1 software as a firmware I could flash on to compatible hardware? Kinda like DD-WRT. The price is something you could finalize on but I'd rather have the option to choose my own hardware (buy locally) than have you ship all the way considering that its the software that does all the magic.

Any input on this?

I believe this has been asked before in the forums and the admins have stated that they have no plans of just selling the firmware only. Also there currently are no plans of changing the hardware as well. One of the admins will respond to your post as well with more details.

• Administrators

Hey welcome to the forum!

Short answer is no not for the foreseeable future. 

There are quite a few reasons including: the chance a user will brick their router, we have to put in a lot of work making sure our software can run on different routers (it won't be able to run on all so couldn't just release it and hope for the best).

Hope that clears it up for you :)

Thanks guys! :) I had to ask. Would be stupid if I bought the thing and then there was a software release. Guess I pay for shipping rather than wait.

Cheers!~

Just out of curiosity. How is sales in the MEA region for you guys? I am the guinea pig for my friends here. I'm the first to buy so hopefully things turn out well. This is the first time I've ventured outside of dd-wrt in a while, so yeah. 

I also hope you guys start retailing things out soon at least in big chains for each region. 

• Administrators

I cannot go into specifics of course but we do have quite a few in the region. I'm sure you'll love it and hopefully your friends would as well :)

We will be looking into retailers in future for sure :)

Archived