host

Gunnerstorm

• Netduma Staff

Having a issue where I can't get into a game unless im the host. Ive done everything it has actually sent me to a server and than made me host and the sever was not in my filter. Strict is on.

How big is your GeoFilter radius and where is your home location set? Maybe you could take a screen shot of your GeoFilter?

Just to confirm, do you mean host of the whole game match or being leader of the party when playing with friends?

Finally, does it say "Disable" on the button below the device you have selected?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Having a issue where I can't get into a game unless im the host. Ive done everything it has actually sent me to a server and than made me host and the sever was not in my filter. Strict is on.

Are you on the .2 version of the router? If so follow these instructions on how to upgrade http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_updateand hopefully the issue may resolve itself. 

Otherwise can you provide us with a screenshot of the Host filtering page please. 

Guest Netduma Fraser

Okay yes I think I know the issue. Having multiple versions of the PA service selected and enabled at once can cause issues. Disable the rest and leave the one youre on enabled and see how you get on. Also try raising the PA as its currently off when its set to 0.

• Netduma Staff

Also, it looks like you are blocking a server, either a dedicated server or a matchmaking server (that is the little padlock). You will probably find games easier if you just expand the GeoFilter enough it include it or disable strict mode, this will automatically allow you to connect to it.

Guest Netduma Fraser

I disabled the other pa and took the one out of denie and it will connect to someone but when the game starts it makes me host every time

You can only have 1 enabled that has the PA service so make sure all but the one you're using are disabled.  Can you try applying cloud settings again please http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=latest_cloud

Guest Netduma Fraser

I just joined a game in progress and it made me host. Don't get what im doing wrong.

Just to make sure. If youre the host, all the circles are big and normally pulsating whilst in game, so CoD did a host migration? Is this what youre experiencing? A normal host is just a big circle. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Gunnerstorm,

To start resolving the issue can you untick strict mode please. Then try get a game, then take a screenshot of the Geo-Filter when you're in the game please. Then I can assist you further :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Two things:

1) don't forget at the top reselect your xbox then pick "xbox live PA"

2) make sure you tick strict mode

This is what happens if the server is outside the filter I get lobby booting. So I have to open the filter to allow the servers in once that happens it builds a room it walks across the U.S. and makes me host once the game actually starts. It will go from the east to middle and them to me every time. I live in Washington

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sorry mate there are a few things going on here. Let's address one at a time how so you know you're host?

Archived