bt home hub 5 and other issues

ok here goes..

I used to be with talktalk recieving 76 mbps and everything was fine and dandy the output from the duma was fantastico..

I then switched to BT and the problems started ! I now get the same speed from BT !

• When i connect my pc via ethernet to the HH5 and run a speedtest (http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/) i get 72.65 download, 16.84 upload and 35.00 ping latency
  • When i connect my pc via ethernet to the r1 and run test i only get 17.49 download, 7.94 upload and 25.63 ping latency ???

so im confused which algorithm to adopt when connected to my xbox1 and what speeds to enter into the duma dashboard.

• when i connect my xb1 to the HH5 via ethernet the NAT type is normally Moderate or Strict yet when i connect via wi-fi no problem.
  • when i connect via r1 i have the same issues yet with the wifi no probs..

now i have read and re read and been through every single possible settings on both the r1 and the HH5 regarding this.

also when only the r1 is connected to the HH5 as suggested and evedrything else through the r1 my bt sports does not work !!

So im left thinking will an aftermarket router solve this problem if so what works best with the duma at these speed..
I was a very happy chappy when i had the r1 with the old ISP but been slightly challenging with the HH5. I still benefit from the the r1 however something is clearly not right...

please help guys

ps.... ther IS NOT a setting i have not tried lol

i cant see the problem here..

like i say IVE READ ALL THE WIKI PROMTS AND FOLLOWED ALL INSTRUCTIONS.

I HAVE READ MOST OTHER THREADS AND FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH and my r1 firmware is up to date

R1 debug version 1.03.6g running on rb-951g-2hnd

• tried suggested switching to hh3 but still not running right coming out the back of the r1 ??!!

Ring BT ask for a openreach modem because the HH5 is the biggest problem I've ever had on BT the HH3 was 100% better.

ok so my kind neighbour whos a bt fibre engineer has given me a HH3, so i now have the open reach box and the hh3 plugged in and ready to go are there any links to the settings..

also i dont have a filter box at the wall my 'grey' adsl line has its own socket.... do i still need the open reach box as the hh3 has a socket for the adsl line ?

cheers guys (light at end of tunnel maybe)

• Administrators

Alright I'll go through your issues 1 by 1.

For your NAT issue you'll need to go to Settings > port forwarding > DMZ on your home hub. You may only have the option to select a device from a list, the duma will most likely appear as a MAC address starting with E, pick that one and apply it. 

For your speeds you should just be able to enter your expected speeds into bandwidth settings and then allow it to set up automatically for you. 

If you don't get correct speeds after doing a wired speed test, ensure all devices are connected to the duma then auto set up speeds for 200/200 then put in your normal speeds but don't let it auto set up.

Alright I'll go through your issues 1 by 1.

For your NAT issue you'll need to go to Settings > port forwarding > DMZ on your home hub. You may only have the option to select a device from a list, the duma will most likely appear as a MAC address starting with E, pick that one and apply it. 

For your speeds you should just be able to enter your expected speeds into bandwidth settings and then allow it to set up automatically for you. 

If you don't get correct speeds after doing a wired speed test, ensure all devices are connected to the duma then auto set up speeds for 200/200 then put in your normal speeds but don't let it auto set up.

yes have speed issues sorted (MASSIVE SHOUT OUT TO CROSSY FOR HIS TIME)

but still cant connect the xb1 to the r1 via ethernet !!

can connect to the xb1 > run a multiplayer test ok > nat open

but then when opening the game it wont allow me onto the bops3 servers

do i need to enter the ports f the hh5 and bops3 ???

Archived