Misc Settings Help (PS4 USA)

Hi guys looking for some help when it comes to my Misc Settings on my netduma, everyone seems to have their opinion on what should and shouldn't be ticked. It's quite annoying for me as I am not router savy. I have a 30 up & 2 down, I am a heavy fps console player on games like CoD, Destiny & RB6. What needs to be ticked & unticked for someone like me.

post-7136-0-70199700-1457491005_thumb.png

Enable Deep Packet Processing - Used for Host Analysis and VPN, so unless you play online multiplayer games on the PC, you can leave it off.

Allow auto feedback - That one is completely up to you, but I personally turned it off.

Allow remote access - Unless you are troubleshooting with the Netduma staff, you can turn it off.

Enable UPnP Forwarding - If you use the Netduma as a secondary router, you should leave it on. If it's your primary, you can untick it.

Enable multicast snooping - Not sure what it does but I have it on at all times.

Enable local IPV6 - You can untick it if you are noticing any differences on your speed tests.

Access control panel from WAN - You can leave it unticked. All it does is that you can access the Netduma interface from another router than the Netduma.

Enable cookies - That's a matter of preference. If you don't like the Geo filter settings being reset, you can leave it on. I usually have this one unticked since it doesn't affect me that much.

Enable wifi work around - If you are experiencing Wifi disconnection or it's simply not working, leave it unticked.

Stealth mode - This one is up to you. If you go to weird websites very often, you might want to leave this on, otherwise it's safe to leave it off. It's usually to prevent attackers from getting information about your network.

Turbo mode - You can leave it off since your speed isn't over 100mbps.

Super turbo mode - This is for speeds over 500mbps. You can leave it off as well.

Enable Deep Packet Processing - Used for Host Analysis and VPN, so unless you play online multiplayer games on the PC, you can leave it off.

Allow auto feedback - That one is completely up to you, but I personally turned it off.

Allow remote access - Unless you are troubleshooting with the Netduma staff, you can turn it off.

Enable UPnP Forwarding - If you use the Netduma as a secondary router, you should leave it on. If it's your primary, you can untick it.

Enable multicast snooping - Not sure what it does but I have it on at all times.

Enable local IPV6 - You can untick it if you are noticing any differences on your speed tests.

Access control panel from WAN - You can leave it unticked. All it does is that you can access the Netduma interface from another router than the Netduma.

Enable cookies - That's a matter of preference. If you don't like the Geo filter settings being reset, you can leave it on. I usually have this one unticked since it doesn't affect me that much.

Enable wifi work around - If you are experiencing Wifi disconnection or it's simply not working, leave it unticked.

Stealth mode - This one is up to you. If you go to weird websites very often, you might want to leave this on, otherwise it's safe to leave it off. It's usually to prevent attackers from getting information about your network.

Turbo mode - You can leave it off since your speed isn't over 100mbps.

Super turbo mode - This is for speeds over 500mbps. You can leave it off as well.

Awesome man appreciate all your help I did everything you suggested according to my needs, I left cookies enabled and I'm going to disable UPnP for now but orginally I noticed when I would have it enabled my nat type on Bo3 would always be open compared to without it even tho the R1 is my only router used.

Awesome man appreciate all your help I did everything you suggested according to my needs, I left cookies enabled and I'm going to disable UPnP for now but orginally I noticed when I would have it enabled my nat type on Bo3 would always be open compared to without it even tho the R1 is my only router used.

Leave it on, I believe it's what allows your ports to be open for online gaming.

• Administrators

I won't add too much as it seems like you've got some good advice already.

Deep packet you should turn off if you have speeds higher than 60, would probably turn off IPv6 in the same scenario as well. 

UPnP forwarding, if your R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub it's not necessary. If you get an open NAT with it on then leave it on :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I won't add too much as it seems like you've got some good advice already.

Deep packet you should turn off if you have speeds higher than 60, would probably turn off IPv6 in the same scenario as well. 

UPnP forwarding, if your R1 is in the DMZ of your ISP hub it's not necessary. If you get an open NAT with it on then leave it on :)

Thx man, I really do appreciate all the advise and help you guys provide on this forum. I'm really bad at responding but I do look at every response when posted.

Archived