Major Help NEEDED!!(Please)

I recently purchased one of your routers and have had NOTHING BUT TROUBLE!! I was informed on twitter that you can set up the router using ps4 internet but NONE of my settings save and reset EVERY time I exit off the internet.The internet wont even work while the R1 router is on and plugged in.I cant figure any of it out and am quickly losing hope._.PLEASE HELP!! I only use ps4 internet because i dont own an android or smartphone and have never owned a computer.

Hi there.  As this is your first post, I am not sure where to begin.  

For the saving of the settings, if you go to MISC, there is a list of features and you want to make sure 'COOKIES' is ticked.

For the connection, to start with:  Are you hard wired or using the wireless when trying to set this up?  I assume you are using a hard line between the NetDuma and the PS4, but we see all sorts of configurations here, so just looking for clarification.

Beyond the initial hook up, have you ever been able to see the GUI or use the internet?

Have you, in any way, used the factory reset or the recessed red button on the back of the device yet?  If you have, the initial password will have changed to 'NetdumaR1' without the quotes.

Let's start with these steps and we can further refine from there for you.

JD

I use a wired connection and have had internet for a while.I dont think i have used the reset button.When I try to connect to the internet it wont connect so i cant go to the site but can still play multiplayer lobbies and a couple of times it just cut me off  completely.Maybe a problem with my isp modem/router??

It worked initially but had major trouble after.If i unplug everything and redo everything it would work 5-10%of the time but always "cant connect" eventually.

Sounds like the problem is something else not related to the R1... It's going to take some time to troubleshoot this one, so sit tight and be patient. First thing I would try is just simply going from your modem to PS4 and see if the problem still exist.

What modem do you have?

What ISP do you have?

I used the reset buttuon and the password"NetdumaR1" without quotation marks didnt work neither did the original.Also my settings wont save EVEN AFTER enabling cookies over and over and over.This was such a waste of time......!!????

• Administrators

I've merged all your threads. Please do not keep creating threads. It is not necessary and won't get you support any faster. 

Now on to your issues:

What settings are you trying to save? I would recommend using the profiles and load a cod profile so it will setup everything for you so you can play.

Is your setup the following? modem (port 1) > (port 1) netduma (port 2) > PS4? 

For the reset wifi password it needs to be all lower caps.

You say you don't have internet but you can still play games? 

Can you try ethernet cables please as well as ensuring that the PS4 is connecting via automatic network settings.

As far as settings go, nothing I set personally will stay set(profiles, geofilter, the important stuff)My location is never kansas city missouri, its usually the atlantic ocean.Also it says I am connected to another router not a modem but Idont know the username or password of the router I got from Time Warner Cable.(which might be the problem) Yeah, i actually did get in a couple games of cod but i wasnt able to connect to the internet on my ps4 before,even though i was playing multiplayer.Everything worked initially but once i tried to adjust things a second time and mess with devices and prioritization everything messed up.The port setup is right and i dont know enough about internet settings to do a manual  setup.

I really think its the fact that I dont have a computer. im setting everything up from my ps4 then the internet stopped working on it then i had to set it up from my phone then Ill get the internet to work on my ps4 somehow and set everything up from my ps4 then nothing will save(profiles,geofilter)then i cant  connect to the internet again.

• Administrators

As far as settings go, nothing I set personally will stay set(profiles, geofilter, the important stuff)My location is never kansas city missouri, its usually the atlantic ocean.Also it says I am connected to another router not a modem but Idont know the username or password of the router I got from Time Warner Cable.(which might be the problem) Yeah, i actually did get in a couple games of cod but i wasnt able to connect to the internet on my ps4 before,even though i was playing multiplayer.Everything worked initially but once i tried to adjust things a second time and mess with devices and prioritization everything messed up.The port setup is right and i dont know enough about internet settings to do a manual  setup.

Are you rebooting the router by unplugging it after doing so? Or is it just whenever you go off the interface? 

Make sure you have cookies enabled in misc. You can click the home icon and place it where you're located. Don't worry about that box too much, it's not an error. Make all the changes you want and then reboot from settings > miscellaneous.

I really think its the fact that I dont have a computer. im setting everything up from my ps4 then the internet stopped working on it then i had to set it up from my phone then Ill get the internet to work on my ps4 somehow and set everything up from my ps4 then nothing will save(profiles,geofilter)then i cant  connect to the internet again.

Our recommended browser is Chrome/Firefox but you should still be able to use the interface correctly. 

Can someone else with a PS4 see if they experience the same issues using the browser please.

It is much harder to provide support when we can't ask for screenshots etc. 

Is it possible for you to borrow a work laptop for a day so we can better help you/potentially do a 1 on 1?

Archived