Lag playing cod

Thanks , I think it might of been a bad server, I don't know much about networking or router settings , I just pick up on stuff I read, I put my router in normal cod mode , my ps4 is in the hyper traffic too, also reactive and strict mode ticked , don't know if I need to prioritise my ps4 in cc but I always do anyway , I got a lot to learn

How are you Netduma? I have MANY questions that I and others need answers to, so let's get right to it:

Being that I'm posting under a COD topic, it's clear that I will be talking about this router while I play COD, specifically BO3 on the PS4.

You claim that this router STOPS LAG by cutting off people access to the user if they don't meet certain qualifications. Those qualifications are a variety of things that are changed via your routers Host Filtering tab. Do I understand this correctly? 

I constantly connect to ONE, and just ONE server EVER! I reside in Charlotte, NC and the server that I connect to is located in Atlanta, GA. If I constantly connect to one server, what's the point of using the Netduma router? I think that this router would be useful in P2P type situations and not dedis. Am I right on this?

This is a very expensive router, with ZERO positive results. All your router really does is show me where my laggy opponents are located, that's it. I can't block anyone since I connect to a dedicated server 100% of the time, so that option is off the table.

I spent half the day yesterday reading though your forum posts, watching videos on setups, and nothing seems to work as you and others advertise. I really want this router to work as promised, but I doubt I'll get better connections than I already get with my other router. I'm patiently waiting for a response.

How are you Netduma? I have MANY questions that I and others need answers to, so let's get right to it:

Being that I'm posting under a COD topic, it's clear that I will be talking about this router while I play COD, specifically BO3 on the PS4.

You claim that this router STOPS LAG by cutting off people access to the user if they don't meet certain qualifications. Those qualifications are a variety of things that are changed via your routers Host Filtering tab. Do I understand this correctly? 

I constantly connect to ONE, and just ONE server EVER! I reside in Charlotte, NC and the server that I connect to is located in Atlanta, GA. If I constantly connect to one server, what's the point of using the Netduma router? I think that this router would be useful in P2P type situations and not dedis. Am I right on this?

This is a very expensive router, with ZERO positive results. All your router really does is show me where my laggy opponents are located, that's it. I can't block anyone since I connect to a dedicated server 100% of the time, so that option is off the table.

I spent half the day yesterday reading though your forum posts, watching videos on setups, and nothing seems to work as you and others advertise. I really want this router to work as promised, but I doubt I'll get better connections than I already get with my other router. I'm patiently waiting for a response.

If you move your home location to somewhere else (near another server) with PA off and strict mode on then you can avoid the laggy server nearest you. That is what I do!

• Administrators

I am good thanks, how about you? 

Firstly, could you please make your own thread in future rather than commenting on someone else's support thread.

The only qualifications you could be referring to in host filtering would be distance and ping assist. 

Given you are located in the US there is an abundance of dedicated servers. You can move your home location with strict on, PA 0 as said above to prevent connecting to that server and get another. Therefore I believe it works well on dedicated servers. 

It is impossible for the router to make your connection worse. Everyones setup is different, people will find different things that work for them but it will not make it worse. If you would like us to help you with your settings please make a new thread and we will be happy to assist you. 

You can temporarily ban a dedicated server.

Create your own post, every person will have slight differences - by making a post we can assist you directly. 

I think you'll find once you're set up correctly that it is far superior to any other router.

It sounds like you dont own a Netduma yet, so how do you know which server you are being connected to?

I live near Chicago and if I leave my filter turned off it will connect me to New York about 50% of the time.  There are 4 servers closer to me than NY.  I watch friends, who are hosting the party, connect to servers out of their area all the time.

Archived