Ethernet Splitter

DARK BAWGS

I have one more cable than ports on my NetDuma.  I have been thinking of getting a cable splinter.  Since I only have my Xbox or PS4 on one at a time I though I could put both the cables into the splitter and since only one is on it would not compromise the signal???  I could split the Xbox (which I seldom play) with the Android TV box they are never on at the same time - any thoughts on this?

Getting access to the NetDuma when I want to change out the cables is a real pain and the other things attached would present the same problem.

I welcome any suggestions.

Thanks,

post-3466-0-04213600-1456931385.jpg

You will need to purchase a switch, these do not do the job.

Warning for this kind of product...

Please read this warning. This item on it's own, will NOT Split a CAT 5e Port. Do not expect to plug this into a Floor Socket or a Broadband Connection and expect it to split the connection and give you two ports or two internet connections, please see the 2nd picture on this listing to see how this adapter is used. If you want to split a network port, you will need a 5/8/16 Port Network Hub/Switch.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=5+port+switch&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

You will need to purchase a switch, these do not do the job.

Warning for this kind of product...

Please read this warning. This item on it's own, will NOT Split a CAT 5e Port. Do not expect to plug this into a Floor Socket or a Broadband Connection and expect it to split the connection and give you two ports or two internet connections, please see the 2nd picture on this listing to see how this adapter is used. If you want to split a network port, you will need a 5/8/16 Port Network Hub/Switch.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=5+port+switch&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

Thanks Zennon that was my other thought.  The D-link at the top of the page is available locally for $22.99 CAD so that is the route I will take.  I will put the XB and PS on dedicated ports on the R1 and then plug the Android box and Voip phone into the switch - this should work???

What Zennon said is exactly how I have mine set up and it works perfect for getting extra Ethernet ports!

I have ISP router to NetDuma to Ethernet switch then to all devices and it works great.

Can I still use the other ports on the NetDuma as a 5 port switch won't solve the problem as I have six devices.

Can I still use the other ports on the NetDuma as a 5 port switch won't solve the problem as I have six devices.

I have 1 ethernet going from the Duma to my dads PC (downstairs) then 1 going from the duma to a Ethernet switch (upstairs) giving everyone wired internet 

Adding a switch will not shut down the other ports on the netduma r1. I have a 24 port switch and a wifi router attached to my netduma to get all my devices attached and still use the ports directly on the netduma.

Archived