Slow speeds

Hi everyone

I have upgraded my connection to 300 down and 100 up

But i only get 95 down and 80 up

I followed the wiki guide for the speeds but nothing changes

anyone can help me to solve the problem because when i use another router i get full speed but with netduma I can't get more than 95

All the tests with wierd connection

Thanks

I had the same problem, i just set my bandwidth to 200up and 200dl selected yes to auto configure router, and set congestion control to max on my laptop and run the test , I also turned both routers off for a good ten minutes first, then I set my bandwidth to what the test stated my bandwidth was

• Administrators

Follow this precisely:

• Input your speeds 300/100, don't allow auto setup.
  • Use reactive algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess on
  • Reset device prioritisation and apply
  • IPv6 disabled in WAN, LAN & misc.
  • Deep packet processing disabled in misc
  • Turbo ticked in misc (go back and enable Super turbo as well if speeds aren't higher after completing these steps)
  • Ensure all devices are connected to the R1 via ethernet or wifi (if wifi make sure they don't automatically connect to your ISP hub)
  • Do a wired speed test from your PC (ensure your PC is capable of gigabit speeds - check for drivers)

• Netduma Staff

I have restored factory defults and followed the points as written but still I'm getting the same old speeds 95 down and 85 up

If you've definitely followed that, then can you post a screen shot of the congestion control page, miscellaneous settings page, WAN settings page and LAN settings page.

Can you also confirm that you are getting the expected speeds through the router that the Netduma is connected to and that you are not using PPoE on the Netduma.

• Netduma Staff

The test yes on speedteset.net

But I don't know what is ppoe if u can explain it i can check it out

If you don't know what it is then you probably aren't using it :) It is a settings in Settings >> WAN. You could try replacing the Ethernet cable between the Netduma and your Asus. Apart from that I'm not sure what else you could try but hopefully Fraser can give you some instructions in the morning :)

• Administrators

Very strange you are not seeing speeds higher than that after following my instructions. Have you tried a different ethernet cable between the duma and PC?

If so please post here http://forum.netduma.com/forum/66-request-1-on-1/after reading the pinned thread and I will approve it. 

Archived