remote connect r1

S460RLD

Let's say I want to connect to my r1 from work how would this be achieved usual port 8080 won't work and there's no way to configure it in Router it's self from what I've seen.

Anyone shed any light?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Let's say I want to connect to my r1 from work how would this be achieved usual port 8080 won't work and there's no way to configure it in Router it's self from what I've seen.

Anyone shed any light?

Hey S4, we have not included a feature to allow this just yet. However, it is an idea we are keen on :)

Hey S4, we have not included a feature to allow this just yet. However, it is an idea we are keen on :)

As a security guy I would never do this.  I'd rather remote into a PC on my LAN and make any adjustments LAN side.  If it's included I'd recommend leaving the default to off, many routers get pwned with this feature.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi S460RLD,

Yes this feature is available in the next version coming out, its already implemented. However Akic is absolutely right its quite a security risk to do that on the Internet side. We added it primarly for people who have multiple routers in their house and want to access it from other routers internal to their home. Its still your choice but it means a random person could start accessing your router remotely. I'll try to add the login feature, although that doesn't help the most as passwords are sent in plaintext.

If you need help deciding whether you want to use it, let us know please :)

Thats what I'm after I've got a netgear behind the R1 and I want to use that ready share feature to receive and send files from my usb stick.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok buddy it will be available in the next version but I'm not sure it will help with the ready share feature you're asking for. 

Archived