SBMM Definitely in Game - Did Tests

Ok, I recently posted another thread in which I said that SBMM was in the game, and most people disagreed. So to prove that it was in the game, I went out and brought myself a PS4 to see if that fixed the problem, and here is my answer.

The first good amount of games, I was put into lobbies with noobs, I guess because the game registered that I was a new player, so it put me into lobbies with idiots. Did very well, bumped myself up to a 2.80 KD. Within the next couple days, after kicking the crap out of people with no problems, all of a sudden im being put into games where my team is always losing no matter what game mode, the people i am up against are 10 times harder including the fact that the people the game is putting me with are complete s***, and it seems like the gunfights are unrealistic again. 

So after testing this out, I came to the conclusion that there IS SBMM, but like another person said, its based off of Score Per Minute. Not too sure if the game would do it off of KD, but it seems like the lobbies are harder and there is a bunch of tryhards everywhere. Now would you guys agree with me? I did most of the testing and thats what i found after a week. 

I have a 2.2 KD and a 341 SPM (only play TDM) and about 50-60% of the lobby is always under 1KD players then the rest will be a mix of 1 and 2 KD players. Some days, like today a lot of the lobbies I'm playing in most plays have 1-2 KDS and the odd 2.5-3 KD player but I'm sure that's just because of how many people are on with double XP on. I find P2P lobbies have worse players as it's not a mix of different players, it's just who's local where as with dedicated servers there's a chance to get a good mix of a huge amount of players to get a more fair lobby. Not sure if it's in the game but even if it was, me complaining about it wouldn't mean they'd take it out so I guess we'd just have to accept it if it was...

@Monza I just use the call of duty profiles that are built in the router.

Your connection will not change the skill level whether its you or who you are playing against, its a factor only.

My guess on whats going on is that people in your region need to chillax ; maybe its just that your area has a higher ratio of tryhards:casual player.

It's an individual case, and I can't seem to think for a solution for it other than a one that will make me sound sarcastic which is move your house somewhere else to get matched up with another bunch of people with no guarantee they will be easier.

yea that makes sense. Well, i guess The east coast of the US has a bunch of tryhards... Poor me lol and yea i dont think moving the home location will fix anything tbh. But i will try different things and see what happens.

Ok, I recently posted another thread in which I said that SBMM was in the game, and most people disagreed. So to prove that it was in the game, I went out and brought myself a PS4 to see if that fixed the problem, and here is my answer.

The first good amount of games, I was put into lobbies with noobs, I guess because the game registered that I was a new player, so it put me into lobbies with idiots. Did very well, bumped myself up to a 2.80 KD. Within the next couple days, after kicking the crap out of people with no problems, all of a sudden im being put into games where my team is always losing no matter what game mode, the people i am up against are 10 times harder including the fact that the people the game is putting me with are complete s***, and it seems like the gunfights are unrealistic again. 

So after testing this out, I came to the conclusion that there IS SBMM, but like another person said, its based off of Score Per Minute. Not too sure if the game would do it off of KD, but it seems like the lobbies are harder and there is a bunch of tryhards everywhere. Now would you guys agree with me? I did most of the testing and thats what i found after a week. 

I think what happens is that it will put you in the lobby with anybody... However if you are the top player in the lobby leaderboard you get the idiots on your team. When you first played you weren't ranked enough to put you on the bad team, now that you have high stats you're expected to carry your team of no thumbs.

It happens to me every day. I only play hardcore search, I have a 131 SPM, 3.0k/d 5.06w/l and I am at the top of the leaderboard 99% of the games I play. On my team I get people who have 11 spm and I'm expected to play 1v6 with all decent to average players on the other team and completely oblivious players on my team.

I played a lot yesterday and a few games today and didn't notice SBMM at all. Most of the people in the lobby had around a 1.2 kd on average. The highest I've seen was a 2.04 but that was only once. Hell, I even ran into a lobby full of players with no greater than a 0.80 kd...

Archived