Connection

Hello I have a cousin and just bought Netduma router and he has issues with connections. He has Comcast xfinity gateway all in one router, so when he got Netduma router he connected it to gateway as just another device but this one is router that has capability of wifi and internet. So after he had everything hooked up it was fine to play ps4 Fifa soccer but then he took a break for like couple hours and when he came back connection was gone. So the question is why is Netduma kicking out and and why it looks like these two are not working together and what can be done here now he blaming me because I told him it's good Router please help

Sorry to butt in, but this might help with a situation like this.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/wireless-gateway-enable-disable-bridge-mode/

I didn't know that it was a possibility that a user could put their gateway into bridged mode, as it used to be you had to call comcast and ask them to do this.  Probably depends on which gateway they have sent you/him ...etc...

Good luck.

Oke Fraser me again when I say again my topic is connection issues also and I know this sounds impossible and weird but numo36 is right and I'm the person he talks about. It's my netduma router just to be clear here that's messed up. Anyways my r1 somehow I'm able to control it and when I say somehow I connect port 1 from my isp gateway to port1 of r1 and I can do all changes to it like: reboot, factory reset, change any settings. How is this possible I don't know cause that's all It does since it doesn't send any connection out and I see we r spending almost 3 days now trying to resolve this issue and we r at beginning and hitting the wall. So my suggestion is if u can remotely get in there 1on 1 with me and set everything the way u think it should be and then we know if the equipment is working or not. Everything else is waste of time, thanks.

Archived