Speed degrading

i've had so many issues with Netduma. First few updates didn't change anything. i've had issues streaming movies, and so many issues. since this recent upgrade, many of the issues i've had in the past kind of been solved. and the support i get here's been awesome.

the issue i'm having at the moment is this. i have no lag issues for hours but at least once a day, i need to reset the modem since my speed drops by third. is this a known issue? if it is, is there a way to set scheduled reset on the modem?

Netgear CM500. I've tried Motorola/Arris SB6183 & SB6141

The CM500 and SB6183 both have the Broadcom chipset.  Other forum members have experienced EEE issues with the broadcom chipset.  I personally experienced similar issues with the SB6580 that has the same chipset.  I switched to the SB6141and did not experienced any further problems.  I have subsequently switched to the CM600 in preparation for TWC internet upgrade from 50/5 to 300/20.  The CM600 has worked flawlessly.  I do reboot the modem and router before I start gaming or at least once a week.

The CM500 and SB6183 both have the Broadcom chipset.  Other forum members have experienced EEE issues with the broadcom chipset.  I personally experienced similar issues with the SB6580 that has the same chipset.  I switched to the SB6141and did not experienced any further problems.  I have subsequently switched to the CM600 in preparation for TWC internet upgrade from 50/5 to 300/20.  The CM600 has worked flawlessly.  I do reboot the modem and router before I start gaming or at least once a week.

i guess i'll try out SB6141 again. it felt slower than the other two but not as bad as the other two.

i would like upgrade my modem but google fiber service is starting here in a few so i need to wait on that.

Archived