Wifi disconnects netduma

Since the recent upgrade, overtime I connect a device through wifi the Netduma disconnects. 

I use the BT Hub 4, it happens with any device including those extenders you plug into the wall socket.

Tried different settings, including the wifi work around but nothing seems to work. Would appreciate any help with this.

• Administrators

Does the router reboot or does the connection just drop?

Turn on the wifi workaround, some people require that to be on. 

Use a wifi analyser to ensure that you're on the least congested channel.

Turn wifi off on your BT hub as well.

The router reboots, then I need to input all my setting again as they're reset.

Tried all those suggestions, nothing seems to work. Soon as I connect my phone say, the Netduma reboots about 10secs later away.

Got two routers in the house, one set to channel 3 and the other channel 11, next doors is channel 6. Tried changing them but it made no difference.

Anything else I could try?

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same problem. After 1-3 days, all my devices can't connect to the wifi anymore.

Somehow it still seems to be available since I can see it in the list of the Wireless LANs around, but everytime I try to connect again gives me an error.

The most annoying thing is that only shutting it off for a second solves this problem. After that, all my settings are gone!

(yes, I've enabled cookies).

I also tried both settings with and without 'wifi workaround enabled'.

My wifi security is set to PSK2.

Are there any suggestions on how to solve the problem? In the forums I couldn't find any useful reply to similar threads.

Thanks in advance

• Administrators

Firstly if you need to turn off the router reboot from settings > miscellaneous. Your settings will definitely be saved this way.

Is the wifi on your ISP hub turned off? All devices connected to the R1? 

Make sure you're using the least congested channel in your area - can use a wifi analyser to find this out. 

Wifi workaround should fix the issue. Either on or off - usually people with this issue require it to be disabled.

Hi Fraser,

thank you for your help.

I rebooted the router from 'Settings - Miscellaneous', so far no connection problem and settings seem to be saved as well.

The wifi on my ISP hub is turned off and I connected all my devices to the R1. I also analyzed the wifi channels and used one that isn't used by any other router.

I'm gonna try both options for 'wifi work around'. Now it's disabled, I leave it like that and wait for a disconnect. Hope everything works fine now.

Archived