Recommended settings..

corrosiveguy

Would like input on how to optimize my Netduma even further. I want to harness it's full potential. I do not want to beat a dead horse or be annoying but I am looking for feedback. 

I currently pay for a 1 gbps pipe from a local provider. I am usually seeing 450 down, and 240 up on a hard wired connection. I have the following on my network

2 phones, 3 tablets, 2 laptops, 2 DirecTV receivers, 1 smart TV, Kindle Fire TV, Apple TV, Wii U, PS4.. For a grand total of 14 devices. 

I currently have turbo and super turbo mode checked.. But still experiencing lag in Black Ops since I upgraded my internet on Friday. Not sure I am being lag comp to death or because I am no longer using Congestion Control or Hyperlane with having speeds near 450mbps

Would you turn back on Congestion control and hyperlane. Currently getting a 11ms ping to the Dedis but still seeing lag. 

Gaming doesn't use much bandwidth at all. So you don't need all that speed. With all those devices as well it is very likely they are causing congestion which is affecting your game. Would recommend the above also.

I made the changes. I set my CC sliders at 90/90, and unticked super turbo. I set my PS4 device priority at 50 for download and upload. And put the PS4 in hyperlane.

I did a bufferbloat test on my mobile and got an A+ rating. Noticed the ping was more stable doing speedtest and didnt go up down +/- 25 mbps. I think it might solve some of my issues. Despite having 450 mbps I think having 12 devices was causing a headache.

• Administrators

I made the changes. I set my CC sliders at 90/90, and unticked super turbo. I set my PS4 device priority at 50 for download and upload. And put the PS4 in hyperlane.

I did a bufferbloat test on my mobile and got an A+ rating. Noticed the ping was more stable doing speedtest and didnt go up down +/- 25 mbps. I think it might solve some of my issues. Despite having 450 mbps I think having 12 devices was causing a headache.

Great to hear that, let us know how you get on :)

Archived