Remote Play with wake Up via Internet

cyberrambo

First a kind Hello to the NETDUMA Community,

i got my Router last week (had a ASUS before). So far i am happy with the Router with one little (bigger for me...) problem.

With my ASUS Router i could Remote Connect to my PS4 and wake it up (All configured via UPnP). 

This did not work with my new NetDuma Router.

So i disabled UPnP (as we know UPnP and Portforwarding at the same time is a big nono because it could create duplicated Rules)

I added the Ports under Port-Forwarding. well normaly this would work. 1 in 40 times it does. the other times i got a message that the PS4 was not discovered (i use de Mobile APP and the PC Remote Play for this).

If i start the PS4 on the local Network (PC-Remote Play) and then connect via Internet it works after 3-5 tries.

Any ideas?

I use the Remote Play feature quiet a lot to organise my vault in destiny and open my engrams/get bounties.

Well i guess i have to specify a bit:

I try to connect from a remote location (lets call it Workplace  :D) this is not realy working with the Port-Forwarding and not working with UPnP only. (I had a similar encounter with Remote-Deskop. Nontheless this issue resolved itself after one day)

When i try at home it works without any problem (its the same network so i am not surprised)

Now before Netduma i had the following setup:

Provider Modem (Cabel) Without any NAT and Firewall, plain passthrough  -> ASUS Router -> HP Switch -> PS4

I just replaced the ASUS Router with the Netduma, the ASUS is not connected anymore, so practicaly the same situation except the router.

I think the Netduma is blocking something while Remote Play is trying to wakeup the PS4

So what i'm trying to achieve is the following:

Starting PC-Remote Play on Workplace then connect to my PS4 at home (while this is done the PS4 needs to be waked up what was working with the old Router with UPnP only). 

I hope i presented the situation a bit better

I enabled it and testet. PS4 still not waking up.

Connecting via WAN to the Netduma works.

I changed the settings back as this is a security hole ;)

Im not sure why it does not work with the netduma but my educated guess is that the packets get dropt by the router. is there any way to log a few things? I then could check if i see something (yes i work in IT)

• Administrators

I enabled it and testet. PS4 still not waking up.

Connecting via WAN to the Netduma works.

I changed the settings back as this is a security hole ;)

Im not sure why it does not work with the netduma but my educated guess is that the packets get dropt by the router. is there any way to log a few things? I then could check if i see something (yes i work in IT)

I take it you have set the PS4 as a static IP on the duma and forwarded TCP: 9293 for remote play? 

The port forwarding/UPnP works like any other router so should work fine. I'm unsure why it wouldn't work correctly. 

No available logs, is your PS4 firmware up to date? On PS forums this fixed it for someone. 

Yes, i reserved the IP ending with 179 for my PS4.

The PS4 is up to date and as stated. with the ASUS it worked without any problem i just exchanged the ASUS with the Netduma.

The rest of the Network is exactly the same as it was before.

I will try and reset the Router and make a complete fresh setup when i get home tomorrow.

Okey, Please take a seat.

I did a factory reset, left everything as it was on the Netduma. Booted the PS4, checked the IP and reserved it.

I put the PS4 in Standby, tried to wake it up over the internet. This worked!

Because my whole homenetwork is on the 192.168.1.1/24 network i changed the Router IP to 192.168.1.1.

Remote Wakeup failed!

I did another factory reset, changed the Netduma from 192.168.88.1/24 to 192.168.1.1/24, started the PS4 reserved the IP. Put it in Standby. Tried to wakeup over the Internet:

FAILED! (even after multiple router/PS4 restarts)

My conclusion is, there must be a hardcoded .88 somewhere in the code :o this must be somewhere on the Netduma Code, lets call it a feature (because it's not a bug, its a feature  :ph34r: )

What i now had to do, and my heart is bleading a bit because of all the work (100+ devices with 50% Static IP's) is to change my hole network from 192.168.1.1/24 to 192.168.88.1/24 (Its done, its over...)

Whit this setting, and without any Port-Forwarding, i can remote-wake and connect to the PS4.

You can close the Thread and put this into the Bug-Tracker B)

Im, now happy that it works. i have now to reboot all my dhcp devices. Could take a few minutes  :lol:

Cheers

• Administrators

Thank you very much for providing us with the detailed solution to fixing the issue!

I don't envy you having to have changed all that but very glad it's working now!

Feel free to open another thread if you have any more issues/questions :)

Archived