Set Up NetDuma As Access Point?

I have  Modem (CM500), Nighthawk and NetDuma. 

Right now I have my set up like this.

Modem-NetDuma- Nighthawk (AP mode)

But using  it this way I cannot use Nighthawk Wifi (I just talked to CS, set up in AP mode I cannot use Wifi.)

Is there a way to set up NetDuma as Access Point?

Or is there a way for me to use Nighthawk as main router and Netduma as secondary? Modem-Nighthawk-NetDuma (AP or not)

Thanks. 

I have  Modem (CM500), Nighthawk and NetDuma. 

Right now I have my set up like this.

Modem-NetDuma- Nighthawk (AP mode)

But using  it this way I cannot use Nighthawk Wifi (I just talked to CS, set up in AP mode I cannot use Wifi.)

Is there a way to set up NetDuma as Access Point?

Or is there a way for me to use Nighthawk as main router and Netduma as secondary? Modem-Nighthawk-NetDuma (AP or not)

Thanks. 

Setting it in AP mode should allow you to run the wifi on the nighthawk... I run a similar setup in my house.

How do you have it set up? I talked to CS and told them that I connect to Nighthawk But cannot connect to internet via Wifi. NetDuma Wireless turned off. 

Go into the netduma then go to lan settings> change Host Address to 192.168.1.1 then set DHCP From: to 2 and then set your nighthawk to 192.168.1.2 and you should be good.... Quote me back so I get a notification and let me know if it works

gS8SLC1.jpg

• Administrators

You can't set the duma as AP. You should be able to do nighthawk as AP, I know a lot of people do that. Hopefully suggestions above can help you get set up with that. 

Modem > nighthawk > netduma would result in not being able to use some features like congestion control

Go into the netduma then go to lan settings> change Host Address to 192.168.1.1 then set DHCP From: to 2 and then set your nighthawk to 192.168.1.2 and you should be good.... Quote me back so I get a notification and let me know if it works

gS8SLC1.jpg

This did not work. It lost internet connection and it even factory reset my Netduma. 

Archived