Einige technische Fragen/ Some technical questions

BulletSponge

Dear Netduma Team,

let me start by congratulating you on your superb product  and your great idea!

I am very interested in the Netduma Router, so I would be glad if you could help me a little bit along with some technical details.

• Will the router support IPV4 and IPV6 at the same time (I am running 200 Mbit/s down and 12 Mbit/s up via an ISP that uses fibreoptic/ coaxial cable and almost all of my devices are wired)?
  • Will the router include a hardware firewall?
  • Can port forwarding be done when the router is used without a second router (I have come about the solution for use with a second router) and is connected directly to a cable modem (wall - modem - Netduma)? Or will it be necessary to use a second router (wall - modem - second Router - Netduma)?
  • Can a Xbox One be given a static ip and will I have to do additional port forwarding?
  • Will WPA (WPA2 Personal key AES) security be supported?
  • Will the router support older WLAN-devices or are only WLAN-N-devices supported and maybe you could give me a hint on the maximum possible speed?

I am looking forward to hearing from you when you have the time.

Best regards

Liebes Netduma Team,

erst einmal herzlichen Glückwunsch zu eurem hervorragendem Produkt und der großartigen Idee dazu!

Ich bin sehr am Netduma Router interessiert und wäre froh, wenn Ihr mir im Vorfeld mit einigen technischen Details helfen könntet.

• Unterstützt der Router  IPV4 und IPV6 gleichzeitig ( Ich habe 200 Mbit/s down und 12 Mbit/s up über einen ISP, der Glasfaser/ Koaxialkabel verwendet und nahezu alle meine Geräte verwenden Netzwerkkabel)?
  • Verfügt der Router über eine Hardware-Firewall?
  • Funktioniert Port Forwarding auch ohne zweiten Router, wenn der Netduma direkt an das Modem angeschlossen ist (Wand - Modem - Netduma)? Oder ist es zwingend nötig, einen zweiten Router zu verwenden (Wand - Modem - zweiter Router - Netduma)?
  • Kann ich der XBox One eine statische IP geben und muss ich zusätzlich Ports weiterleiten?
  • Wird WPA (WPA2 Personal key AES)-Sicherheit unterstützt?
  • Unterstützt der Router ältere WLAN-Geräte oder nur WLAN-N-Geräte? Und vielleicht könnt Ihr mir einen Hinweis zur maximal möglichen Geschwindigkeit geben?

Ich freue mich, bei Gelegenheit von euch zu hören.

Viele Grüße

Also zum punkt eins kann ich dir nur sagen das es ipv6 auf der netduma gibt ,wie und ob des tut kann ich dir nicht sagen ,habs bei mir aber deaktiviert .

Zu punkt 2:

Ja er hat eine firewall eingebaut .

Zu punkt 3 :

Ja portforwarding funktioniert auch ohne 2ten router .

Wenn du einen zweiten router hast solltest halt die netduma ins dmz ,exposed host etz. stellen ,da die netduma eine firewall eingebaut hat ist es aich kein sicherheitsrisiko .

Zu punkt 4:

Ob man ne statische ip den geräten geben kann weiß ich nicht .Braucht man aber auch nich da die netduma ,wie ich gelesen hab ein ziehmlich gutes upnp system hat das auch wirklich tut was es soll .

Ps4 und xbox one sind bei mir beide nat offen .

Punkt 5 :

Kein plan weis nur das es des wlan besser ist wie bei meiner fritzbox 7360 .

Sicherheitseinstellungen gibt es auch WPA usw alles da.

Zum letzten punkt :

Schau mal im forum ,aber die amis usw ,haben zum teil 300-500 mb down und 100 up .also geht schon einiges durch .

Bin kein internet spezi ,hoffe dir ein wenig geholfen zu haben .

Hab meinen auch erst seit ner woche ,ich bin wirklich begeistert wie gut dieser router tut .

Seit ich den router habe ,habe ich keine laggy lobby mehr gehabt oder habe mich benachteiligt gefühlt im gunfight .

Mfg markus

• Administrators

Dear Netduma Team,

let me start by congratulating you on your superb product  and your great idea!

I am very interested in the Netduma Router, so I would be glad if you could help me a little bit along with some technical details.

• Will the router support IPV4 and IPV6 at the same time (I am running 200 Mbit/s down and 12 Mbit/s up via an ISP that uses fibreoptic/ coaxial cable and almost all of my devices are wired)?
  • Will the router include a hardware firewall?
  • Can port forwarding be done when the router is used without a second router (I have come about the solution for use with a second router) and is connected directly to a cable modem (wall - modem - Netduma)? Or will it be necessary to use a second router (wall - modem - second Router - Netduma)?
  • Can a Xbox One be given a static ip and will I have to do additional port forwarding?
  • Will WPA (WPA2 Personal key AES) security be supported?
  • Will the router support older WLAN-devices or are only WLAN-N-devices supported and maybe you could give me a hint on the maximum possible speed?

I am looking forward to hearing from you when you have the time.

Best regards

Hey, welcome to the forum!

• Yes it does
  • It's a software firewall, in the future you'll be able to fine tune this a lot, way more than any other router. At the moment it is all automatic.
  • Yes it can, you can port forward on the duma. You do not need to use a secondary router. 
  • Yeah you can give it a static IP. Port forwarding not necessary. UPnP opens all the ports you need automatically.
  • Yes it supports WPA-PSK2
  • You shouldn't have any issues with device compatibility. Wireless speeds should be around 40-50mbps, maybe higher if you are nearer. You can use a secondary router behind the R1 for AC wifi if you put it in AP mode. 

Hope that helps!

Hallo Mac_8X, hallo Fraser,

vielen Dank für eure raschen und umfangreichen Antworten! Das hilft super weiter.

Positive Kaufentscheidung ist gefallen.

Viele Grüße

Hi Mac_8X, hi Fraser,

thank you for your quick and detailed answers. That helps a lot.

@Fraser: Guess Netduma just made a new customer. Unfortunately i am leaving for a business trip.

Placing my order next week. Can hardly wait!

Best regards

• Administrators

Hallo Mac_8X, hallo Fraser,

vielen Dank für eure raschen und umfangreichen Antworten! Das hilft super weiter.

Positive Kaufentscheidung ist gefallen.

Viele Grüße

Hi Mac_8X, hi Fraser,

thank you for your quick and detailed answers. That helps a lot.

@Fraser: Guess Netduma just made a new customer. Unfortunately i am leaving for a business trip.

Placing my order next week. Can hardly wait!

Best regards

Fantastic to hear that! We're sure you'll love it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

thanks for the welcome!

The R1 arrived within the promised two working days.

Finally found the time yesterday evening to set it up. Was totally easy.

Tested it out with BO3 and Halo 5 (both X1), using the profiles.

And man, believe me I was going like this:

That is so unbelievable. That is how gaming is supposed to be.

Love it, when it locks down the NA servers on Halo 5 and makes sure you are only put on EU servers.

Love all it's features, too!

Thanks to everyone at Netduma! You guys are ingenious!

Best regards.

Hallo Zusammen,

danke für die freundliche Aufnahme im Forum!

Der R1 ist innerhalb der angekündigten zwei Arbeitstage eingetroffen.

Gestern Abend habe ich endlich zeit gefunden, ihn anzuschließen. Ging super einfach.

Habe BO3 und Halo 5 (beide auf der X1) mit den mitgelieferten Profilen ausprobiert.

Und mir ist die Kinnlade runtergefallen:

Unglaublich. So muss Gaming sein.

Es ist super, wenn bei Halo 5 die Verbindung zu NA-Servern verhindert wird und man nur auf EU-Servern spielt.

Die gesamten Features sind ebenfalls super.

Danke an das Netduma Team! Ihr seid genial.

Viele Grüße

Archived