Cisco 887 & Netduma

Hi,

I’m new to netduma and sorry for my bad English.

I’m in trouble to get open nat.

I will try to explain my setup:

Cisco router 887 with static IP (ISP is providing public static IP address to the router via DHCP).

The cisco router is configured with nat and access lists to open all the ports for xbox live (if I connect the xbox 1 directly to the cisco I get an open nat).

Nat and access lists are configured for host 192.168.1.2 (will be Netduma WAN)

Cisco Vlan1 192.168.1.1 to Netduma WAN 192.168.1.2.

Netduma LAN 192.168.2.1 to Xbox one with ip configured via dhcp (192.168.2.2).

Is this setup ok?

Do I need to manual port forwarding xbox1 ip (192.168.2.2)?

Thank you!

Marco

Hi MKB, 

You said that the ports for xbox were forwarded in your Cisco Router, can you go into port forwarding on the Netduma and forward the ports again, restart the console then post back with results. Also make sure UPNP is enabled on the Duma. 

Hi Shane and thank you very much for your support!!

Yes, it does work well and now my nat is open!

I have two question:

1 - My Xb1 obtain ip address (192.168.2.2) assigned via dhcp by Netduma LAN,  how to reserve this address? I suppose to configure DHCP lease in Netduma... but I need to set manual or automatic ip in my Xb1?

2 - In Netduma UPNP --> Port forwarding rule I can see DemonwarePortMapping UDP 1200. This port/protocol isn’t open in my cisco router. Do I need to open and forwarding this port too (in cisco router)?

• Administrators

Hi Shane and thank you very much for your support!!

Yes, it does work well and now my nat is open!
I have two question:

1 - My Xb1 obtain ip address (192.168.2.2) assigned via dhcp by Netduma LAN,  how to reserve this address? I suppose to configure DHCP lease in Netduma... but I need to set manual or automatic ip in my Xb1?

2 - In Netduma UPNP --> Port forwarding rule I can see DemonwarePortMapping UDP 1200. This port/protocol isn’t open in my cisco router. Do I need to open and forwarding this port too (in cisco router)?

Great to hear that!

If you go to DHCP lease in settings and reserve for your Xbox. You can leave the Xbox on automatic. 

If your NAT is open that shouldn't be necessary.

Archived