Has the Netduma somehow messed up my Internet connection? Need help from someone whose tech savvy.

I purchased a netduma last week and had trouble getting it to work without causing ip fragmentation issues. I played about with many of the songs but couldn't get it to settle down. I've since removed the Netduma from my setup for the time being as another issue has arose.

My Netgear D6400 now also shows the same symptoms working on it's own. Web pages loading is sluggish, my speedtest results seem wildly inaccurate (especially upload) and my ping has almost doubled from 20 to 36!

These issues only started after trying to install the Netduma to my network. My MTU is set to 1492 on bt infinity yet my network shows ip fragmentation from what I assume is either an MTU or maximum segment size issue.

If anyone can shed some light on this or give me a tool I can use to thoroughly test my connection I'd be forever grateful. In work for another 2 hours tho so may not be able to respond until then.

If it's happening on more than one device , it's more than likely just a coincidence.
I doubt the netduma would be causing the issue , but it's not an impossibility.

Have you upgraded to the latest firmware?
Have you tried a factory reset?
How many devices are using your connection , how much bandwidth is allocated to your device?

It's always a bit tricky to diagnose issues on here since I can't see your settings

Get back to me asap and I'll try help you out more :)

Latest firmware, factory reset, one device connected. This is a bizarre case, I'm completely stumped. My connection has degraded since I tried setting up the Netduma, even to the point that my Netgear running without the Netduma is showing the same symptoms. Tried the MTU test on letmecheck.it and my ip address no longer replies to it, as if it's ignoring ICMP echoes.

Latest firmware, factory reset, one device connected. This is a bizarre case, I'm completely stumped. My connection has degraded since I tried setting up the Netduma, even to the point that my Netgear running without the Netduma is showing the same symptoms. Tried the MTU test on letmecheck.it and my ip address no longer replies to it, as if it's ignoring ICMP echoes.

Hmm well if both devices give the same results , have you checked to make sure it's not a problem with your ethernet cable?

Do you get the same results with WiFi?

• Administrators

The router shouldn't have impacted another router at all. If that router is experiencing the issue as well it could be the ISP hub/modem or a line issue. Do a full reboot cycle of the hub, router etc and see if that resolves it. 

It turns out it is a line issue which should be rectified by tomorrow. I guess it is just coincidental that it happened at the same time as I was tinkering with my setup.

Thought it might have just been a coincidence , anyways glad to hear your issue is going to be resolved.

Have a good day.

Archived