Netduma has my wrong location

Hi All, 

I have recently bought the netduma router and i am really struggling, when i manage to get it connected to my virgin media super hub ( it takes a good 15mins to give me internet through the netduma router ) when i finally have internet i log into the netduma page and setup my internet speed and so on, the geofilter sets my location to ponders end in england even though i live in scotland. when i use my tp link router it finds my proper location or there abouts. this is causing me alot of problems when playing call of duty black ops 3 on my ps4 as it thinks i am in ponders end and there for searchs for games around that location even though i live like 300 miles away. any help is appreciated 

Thanks

• Netduma Staff

Thanks crossy for the fast reply. i have allready did this yet black ops 3 still thinks i am in ponders end when im in scotland

Ok - the GeoFilter can't change that. That's just where your IP address must resolve to. 300km in networking terms is very insignificant. Are you lagging in game?

Thanks crossy for the fast reply. i have allready did this yet black ops 3 still thinks i am in ponders end when im in scotland

Try mac address cloning your TP-Link's mac address in the netduma... I believe the mac address cloning settings are in the WAN page. Then reboot your  modem.

Archived