R1 NETDUMA NOT DETECTED ON ANY DEVICE PLEASE HELP!

Sounds like she can't it through Wifi or Ethernet in the chat, but there are so many answers I am not sure how far she got and what is needed next??

She said someone told her to do a hard reset, but didn't tell her how.  That seemed odd to me, so I asked for clarification.

Yeh, no signal whatsoever, cable or wireless. Doing a factory reset is just what I've picked up from answers given to previous posts from similar dilemmas. The last time a seen the R1 netduma on my laptops internet access I clicked "forget signal" by mistake. 

Okay, so I am not immediately familiar with "forget signal" but let's see if we can't get you back up and running.

You have only had the router for three days, so I don't think a reset is going to do a lot of harm.  On the back of the unit there is a very small hole with a red (I think) color button in there that can only be accessed by the head of a ball point pen or a needle/pencil.  Push and hold that for about 5-8 seconds and then release.

You will need to upgrade the router when it comes back online but we can cross that bridge when you can see the thing again. :)

Thank you :) "forget signal" was just a windows connection thing, nothing to do with R1, so that's fine. So obviously the R1 has to have power to perform this operation - forgive me, I'm not too clued-up when it comes to tech :(

Me neither.  They gave me this gig because I have pictures on one of the early investors.  I can't go into further detail as it violates my agreement with the Marshall Service.  :)

Yes, you will need to power on the unit and then hold the button to reset.  When it comes back online, can you again try with the hard line connection first to see if the computer/laptop/other will auto detect it?

just did that. Tried putting 192.168.88.1 into chrome browser and "page not available, unable to connect" popped up. I don't understand what's causing this. I f myBT hub manager tells me that netduma is connected then the router isn't connecting to any devices - no signal either through wifi or ethernet

just did that. Tried putting 192.168.88.1 into chrome browser and "page not available, unable to connect" popped up. I don't understand what's causing this. I f myBT hub manager tells me that netduma is connected then the router isn't connecting to any devices - no signal either through wifi or ethernet

Hey!

Sounds like the 'wifi' mode on the netduma has turned itself off.

Had the issue a while back , hopefully I can help resolve it.

Are you able to access http://192.168.88.1or http://r1/ ?

If you are , that's great!

Go to the  settings on the bottom of the side panel , hover over it and you should see the option 'wifi'.

When you go in to wifi , rename the wifi SSID and make sure the 'enabled' box is selected / green.

PZD191H.png

Hopefully your issue is resolved , if not , just let us know!

Off to bed now, Dillinger, it's midnight here in the UK. Thanks for all your help. Hopefully we can get this resolved tomorrow. It's just frustrating when you've only had the router for a few days and it stops working for no reason at all. Spent a full day trying to solve the issue. Any ideas from anyone will be much appreciated - hope to wake up to some positive problem solving messages :) Good night

Following the guide I tried using the R1 as the hub direct and on my laptops connections "R1 netduma limited" shown up. Put the IP in the browser and "page unavailable" popped up. Must be something wrong with the R1 if even this isn't working :( Try again in the morning. Thanks for all your help: Fraser, Dillinger, Crossy, Asentrix. Better luck tomorrow.

Finally got it sorted. My boyfriend came round this morning and did the hard reset thingymagig and after bleeping the R1's signal is up and running. I just use the "netdumar1" as my new security code. Silly me mustn't have pressed it in proper last night. I can also access the interface using the Crossy's example above. Thanks everyone for all your help :)

Archived