Destiny/XBL Chat Issues

Hey everyone, so I've followed just about everything I can find on properly setting up Netduma for Xbox Live and Destiny, and whenever I enable the Geo Filter, I'll constantly getting kicked from Destiny, can't join games and parties, and Xbox Live Party Chat just does not want to work. When I disable Geo Filter, everything works fine.

About my setup:

• Xfinity X1 ~75Mbps down ~12Mbps up
  • Surfboard Modem
  • Netdume Router v1.03.4 [(duh...) auto cloud and edge cloud as well]
  • Xbox One is hard wired to the router
  • Apple Time Capsule in bridge mode for wireless clients

I have an open NAT and I'm pretty sure all my settings are where they should be, just don't know what's going on. I've whitelisted the Destiny Tower in Geo Filter but still can't get it to properly work for some reason. I've followed the setup on the help articles as well.

Any thoughts? Let me know if you have any questions that I can answer to help resolve my issue. 

Additional notes:

No issues when using my Time Capsule as a router (which leads me to believe it's the geo filter). The only time I have any issues at all is when I'm using the Geo Filter.

I know that a while ago Bungie introduced SBMM very quietly, could this have anything to do with it?

...but that would not explain why Party Chat does not work for me when Geo Filter is on.

• Administrators

If you could answer the above that would be really helpful.

With the party issue are you adding your friends to your allow list? Otherwise you will be blocking them with your radius, preventing the party happening

With the party issue are you adding your friends to your allow list? Otherwise you will be blocking them with your radius, preventing the party happening

Are you seeing any servers/hosts getting blocked when you get kicked?

How do I know if any server/hosts are getting blocked when I get kicked? Do they show up as "lock pads?" I do occasionally see those but not always around the time I get kicked.

So if I have a friend who's outside of my radius, it's going to block their Party Chat? Didn't think of that, which makes sense now though.

• Administrators

How do I know if any server/hosts are getting blocked when I get kicked? Do they show up as "lock pads?" I do occasionally see those but not always around the time I get kicked.

They may show as padlocks or as caution triangles.

So if I have a friend who's outside of my radius, it's going to block their Party Chat? Didn't think of that, which makes sense now though.

Yes that's right, make sure to add them to your allow list by following this

Archived