TalkTalk ISP Is NO good for gamers

ejsilk

Hi Guys,

There are a lot of things that can give you a really crappy online gaming experience, bad net code, to too few dedicated servers that are badly maintained and playing someone from Timbuctoo, whose internet comes curtesy of Kellogg’s.

Now my problem is my ISP which is TalkTalk. They in no shape or form provide a capable fibre broadband connection for normal browsing (spinning circle saying connecting for 20 seconds) much less for gaming. But also consider this, if I didn’t own an R1, my gaming experience would be much worse….

First my ping on an average day
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]

© 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping www.google.co.uk

Pinging www.google.co.uk [62.24.208.170] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 62.24.208.170: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=57

Reply from 62.24.208.170: bytes=32 time=105ms TTL=57

Reply from 62.24.208.170: bytes=32 time=151ms TTL=57

Reply from 62.24.208.170: bytes=32 time=19ms TTL=57

Ping statistics for 62.24.208.170:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 17ms, Maximum = 151ms, Average = 73ms

Then doing a buffer bloat test and I get A, A+, C
DSL_reports.jpg
Then going to this website
https://www.cable.co.uk/guides/whats-the-best-broadband-for-ps4-gaming/
and seeing this

latency.jpg

Now after a real bad experience on the south cost server in the UK, I’m more than ready to jump ship.
First off has anyone else on TalkTalk fibre experienced this?

Screenshot_2016_01_23_17_12_18.png

IMG_20160123_WA0000.jpg
And is Plusnet any better?

Thanks               

Im suprisingly also Talktalk - thing is though, that south dedi is a piece of crap and seems to let anyone connect to it. Im getting Us/Spanish/Italian players who just walk all over everyone with completely obvious connection issues showing in the gameplay. I was advised to move my home location and set minimum of 1k radius. Ideally i want to play with people closer to me so i basicly had to cut out the entire of Uk from my geo filter in order to avoid that Dedi. Didnt really do much for me to be honest. They are bringing a method to temporarily ban dedicated servers at some point though so hang on for that?

There is obviously a congestion / contention issue, they have over subscribed in your area.

I am with TT in a  underutilized area so my pings are low and jitter free.

Have you told them on the forum that you have a congestion problem ( do not ring them a waste of breath)?

If you have not used the forum sign up put your land line phone number in your profile so when you ask for assistance they can tie it to your account.

Tell them your problem in a post then do not bump it, they work from old to new and a bump will push you to the back of the queue.

There is obviously a congestion / contention issue, they have over subscribed in your area.

I am with TT in a  underutilized area so my pings are low and jitter free.

Have you told them on the forum that you have a congestion problem ( do not ring them a waste of breath)?

If you have not used the forum sign up put your land line phone number in your profile so when you ask for assistance they can tie it to your account.

Tell them your problem in a post then do not bump it, they work from old to new and a bump will push you to the back of the queue.

Contacted them on numerus occasions with no response but they have a team looking in to it with no solutions.

http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Superpowered-Fibre-Broadband/Again-wildly-fluctuating-ping-jitter-on-TalkTalk/m-p/1844109#M96045

As you can see no comeback from them at all, and if you look at my post history, you’ll see that all the complaints are the same.

Archived