Getting booted in Destiny between 50 to 80% of all PvP games with beaver error ...

Since the last couple of weeks if I enable my Netduma router for PvP matchmaking in Destiny I'm getting booted with beaver error most of the times, up to 50% in 6v6 lobbies, up to 80% in 3v3 lobbies.

Boot takes place either during "flying in" or between first 15 to 60 seconds of the match. Settings are strict mode, distance filter ca. 1300km, PA not enabled ...

It's really frustrating as I now have the choice to accept very laggy lobbies most of the times, or loosing so much time trying to get a stable match/lobby for me ... 

Hi, BlueMountain

Sorry to hear your problems, try these settings that work for me in Destiny -

Geo-

Auto Ping host , Show Dormant Hosts - All ticked

Ping Assist set to 0.00

Congestion Control -

Preemptive selected

Settings -

UPnP enabled

Misc - Auto feedback, remote feedback cookies , wifi workaround - ticked

Cloud settings, have auto cloud and bleeding edge, ticked and apply

Reboot router, console and let us know if there is any difference

Hey Pranksterr, thx for your feedback. If I'm not mistaken you recommend not to use "strict mode". If I un-tick it it works for me, but gets me quite some players from farer distances, especially some from the arab countries with laggy connections. Which I want to avoid ... Problem comes with stricked mode enabled.

Hey Blue,

With Destiny, the Netduma can only limit what servers you connect to. Who else joins that lobby is beyond our control.

We set a limit to say, 1000miles, hoping to get a good connection within that radius. The problem you are seeing is Destiny's matchmaking, with it designed to put players into games as fast as possible, without regard to distance and quality of connection.

It was and is both enabled, Fraser. Sure, there is a chance to get very good games w/o lag, but it's no fun at all to get booted 8 out of 10 times ... I'm not saying you're guilty, it is just that from my perspective the router (investment) makes very limited sense if you mostly play Destiny's PvP ... I'm not a software engineer, so I hope that Bungie improves on the net code, and that you guys improve on your end too.

Archived