Network Behind An Address Restricted NAT

Hi Guys

Reopened this thread as Xbox started working but problem has returned.

Running a BT HH5 with DMZ Netduma connected.

Every now and them I am unable to connect to FIFA 16 for a game on my Xbox One.

After doing a few test I have found I have 'NAT type: Open' but I've also 'Your network is behind an address-restricted NAT'

My Download/Upload speeds are also literally halved when this happens (usually 30d/9u - then 12d/5u).

I have rebooted both my HH5 and the Duma.

I tried turning off the Geo-Filter but no difference?

Any advice/resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I did a bit of reading, I reset my BT HH5 to default settings, reenabled DMZ to the Duma.

I then powered off the Xbox and did the process to clear the cache, rebooted and am now behind a cone nat. So far so good? It seems to happen everytime I leave the Xbox for the night, come back the naxt day and I have to repeat this process?

I did a bit of reading, I reset my BT HH5 to default settings, reenabled DMZ to the Duma.

I then powered off the Xbox and did the process to clear the cache, rebooted and am now behind a cone nat. So far so good? It seems to happen everytime I leave the Xbox for the night, come back the naxt day and I have to repeat this process?

Strange , I know the cryptokeys are hard to come by , but maybe switching off the console at night might be better in the long run   ;)

• Administrators

Keep us updated if it happens again. Your IP may be changing, was the WAN IP different?

Hi Fraser

Just booted up my Xbox and now I'm 'Behind a UPnP port-restricted NAT' with a moderate NAT.

Trying to play FIFA, I go to play online, my Duma picks up a host, I click on the red circle and it shows me the ping of my opponent, within a minute the circle turns to a square (dormant host, presuming the opponent has left the match as it won't allow us to connect).

My Xbox download speed is literally cut in half from roughly 30d to 13d?

Due to this I then reconnected directly to my BT HH5 on th 5G, straight away I have a Open Nat and 'Behind a cone Nat' with my speeds returning to 34d, and even more importantly I can get a game now :)

• Administrators

Please try the following steps: 

• Hard turn off your Xbox
  • Give your Xbox a static IP on the duma. 
  • Ensure there are no UPnP or port forwarding rules on the BT hub.
  • Ensure you're not using port forwarding and UPnP on the duma, just one or the either. It may be worth trying to manually port forward the Xbox ports. 

Yes that sounds like they left the game.

Console speed tests are generally inaccurate. I would do a speed test from the web browser on the console. If you're getting you're expected speeds with a wired PC that is the most important thing. You have plenty for gaming so your Xbox will not be suffering.

Hi Fraser

I had already done what you advised (posted earlier in this thread). which worked. I then turned my Xbox off, returned a few hours later and the issues were back. I have repeated the steps...

• Hard turn off your Xbox
  • Give your Xbox a static IP on the duma. 
  • Ensure there are no UPnP or port forwarding rules on the BT hub.
  • Ensure you're not using port forwarding and UPnP on the duma, just one or the either.

The only thing I haven't done is manually port forward the Xbox Ports.

When you logged into my Duma you unticked UPnp as it is enabled in my HH5. I have also enabled DMZ in the HH5 to the Duma.

Regarding console speeds I understand they aren't 100% reliable but the difference is literally half of my HH5, also the speeds I was getting with the Duma were similar to the HH5 before I started having these issues, coincidence?

I have done the setup, I've got an Open Nat and am also'Behind a cone nat' so all good? I've loaded FIFA 16 and gone to find a match, before joining a match I already had a dormant host in my filter? I paired up in a match, big red circle, then it goes to dormant host? I have done this several times now with the exact same outcome.

If I link to my HH5 I get a game straight away?

With this in mind I decided to try FIFA 15, it paired me with a game and then kicked me out several times stating I had an Open Nat but my opponents must of had a Moderate or Strict. Again, if I link up to my HH5 I get a game straight away?

• Administrators

I have done the setup, I've got an Open Nat and am also'Behind a cone nat' so all good? I've loaded FIFA 16 and gone to find a match, before joining a match I already had a dormant host in my filter? I paired up in a match, big red circle, then it goes to dormant host? I have done this several times now with the exact same outcome.

If I link to my HH5 I get a game straight away?

With this in mind I decided to try FIFA 15, it paired me with a game and then kicked me out several times stating I had an Open Nat but my opponents must of had a Moderate or Strict. Again, if I link up to my HH5 I get a game straight away?

Yes sounds like your NAT is good. 

With FIFA you can get kicked if the person is outside your radius, you have to keep searching/getting kicked until you get one inside your radius

There are a couple now and then blocked outside my geo but I get the big round circle inside my geo, I click on it and it reads a ping, the FIFA screen says connecting to opponent, 90 seconds later the big red circle goes to a small square box (dormant host) and the FIFA says lost connection to opponent?

At this point I'm thinking of doing a factory reset on the Duma and see if this sorts the problem?

Archived